News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin panel goes white after 1 hour

Started by Loshmi, September 30, 2019, 09:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loshmi

So I have this crazy issue with SMF 2.0.15. After the install, everything is working fine, at least for the next 1 hour. After that everything looks fine from the outside, but when I want to enter the Admin panel then I get a white screen. I've changed PHP to 7.1 and nothing has changed. After reinstalling of SMF everything works fine, I'm continuing to work where I left the last time, the forum is working but after 1 hour I can't reach Admin panel so I have to reinstall it again. Does anyone have the same issue? How did you solve it? Any advice?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Any errors in your forum or server error logs when this happens? I've never heard of something like this happening, but usually a white screen would suggest an error that should leave something logged in the server error log.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Loshmi

No errors.  :-\ I had errors (Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/milosbts/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line) before I've changed PHP from 7.3 to 7.1.

Arantor

Those aren't serious errors, annoying but not serious.

What other addons do you have?

Loshmi

SimplePortal    2.3.7
Simple Audio Video Embedder    5.0
Tagging System    3.0
Thumbnail Topic Mod    3.0.1
cbi 1.0    1.9.5

But I think that it also can happen with clean SMF install without any of those addons. And yes, it is really annoying.

Shambles

Sounds like it's the code that reprompts for the Admin password.

Guessing the server error log might show more, as Lex suggested...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I've literally never seen an empty server error log... There's always something. Perhaps ask your host?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Loshmi

Almost all my SMF errors are telling me this, what does it mean? Maybe that is causing the problem? Ok, maybe I can get in touch with the host service.

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm afraid to ask, but who is your host?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Shambles

Quote from: Loshmi on September 30, 2019, 12:38:24 PM
Almost all my SMF errors are telling me this

Has that started happening since you first reported this error? It's just that earlier you said there were no errors (other than deprecations) in your logs.

Are you trying to login using OpenID?

Loshmi

Well, I was talking about cPanel errors, after that I checked SMF error logs for the 1st time. No, I'm logging in with my SMF admin account.
PS: I was getting errors on my screen while I was installing, that's where I saw that deprecations errors

L2Scarlet

Quote from: Loshmi on September 30, 2019, 09:59:50 AM
No errors.  :-\ I had errors (Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/milosbts/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line) before I've changed PHP from 7.3 to 7.1.

PHP 7.3 for SMF 2.0.15, how's that possible?🙄

Arantor

Quite easily, it just means you'll get dozens of errors every page, and some mods won't work properly. But otherwise it'll mostly work.

Advertisement: