News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Odd message at top of screen

Started by Opsboss, September 30, 2019, 12:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsboss

This morning I logged on to my SMF 1.1.21 forum and found a message at the top of the screen saying "The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct by clicking this text." It's in red and surrounded by a frame of red dashed. Has anyone seen this before?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Have you checked the settings? Is everything working?
This could be due to something your host has changed.

What is repair_settings.php?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Opsboss

Yes, I've checked settings and everything else seems to be working okay... so far.

Sir Osis of Liver

Sometimes that happens even though default theme is working, and "clicking this text" does nothing.  repair_settings should fix it.

You really should upgrade to current version.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Opsboss

Thanks. Where do I find "Repair Settings"? Can't find it. (Yeah, I know I should upgrade, but it's been running for over 10 years and I'm lazy.)

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Opsboss

Thanks. Found it. Appreciate the help.

Kindred

The reason that you should upgrade, despite feeling lazy is that the 1.1.x branch is not receiving updates, is no longer secure, AND * most importantly * will soon stop working altogether as hosts require php updates
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Opsboss

Understood. Um, would upgrading resolve my issue above?

Opsboss

That might allow me to kill two birds with one stone.

Illori

upgrading will not "fix" your current issue. you need to use the repair_settings.php file to fix the issue.

Opsboss

Understood. Groan. Looks like my task list is set. Thanks all.

Opsboss

Repair Settings worked and all is now right with the world.

Advertisement: