News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help :D

Started by [D]ream[B]oy^, October 01, 2019, 07:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[D]ream[B]oy^

How to create custom forms to be used in my forum?Like I write message "Click to apply for Staff" and it should redirect the person to the form in which he has to answer questions only.

d3vcho

Hello, please try to be more descriptive in the titles. It'll help us to help you!

As for the custom forms, this is what you need: https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1279
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

[D]ream[B]oy^

I forgot to write about custom group pictures.How [nofollow] can I add custom membergroup images?

[D]ream[B]oy^

After the mod installation you sent,I installed but then it's showing error."This site can't handle the request".What,???

shadav

Quote from: [Dreamoy^ link=topic=569880.msg4033039#msg4033039 date=1569929373]
I forgot to write about custom group pictures.How can I add custom membergroup images?
in your admin go to members and then membergroups
modify which groups you wish to
set the Number of star images: to 1
change the Star image filename: to whatever your image is, make sure to upload the image to /YOUR THEME IN USE/Images

Quote from: [Dreamoy^ link=topic=569880.msg4033040#msg4033040 date=1569929737]
After the mod installation you sent,I installed but then it's showing error."This site can't handle the request".What,???
support for the mod can be found here: https://simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.0

[D]ream[B]oy^

Quote from: shadav on October 01, 2019, 05:13:36 PM
Quote from: [Dreamoy^ link=topic=569880.msg4033039#msg4033039 date=1569929373]
I forgot to write about custom group pictures.How [nofollow] can I add custom membergroup images?
in your admin go to members and then membergroups
modify which groups you wish to
set the Number of star images: to 1
change the Star image filename: to whatever your image is, make sure to upload the image to /YOUR THEME IN USE/Images

Quote from: [Dreamoy^ link=topic=569880.msg4033040#msg4033040 date=1569929737]
support for the mod can be found here: https://simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.0
Thanks for help.I want to say that the forum is in use but after theme and this mod installation,when I click on "Features and option" it says "Site can't reach".Only this and search bar (in admin area) are having errors.Forum [nofollow] link:aristocracy.epizy.com

Kindred

the restore the backup that you (should have) made before installing themes and mods...

and then try installing the theme, testing... then the mod(s) (one at a time) with testing between....

Also, "help" is worse than useless as a post title.
Please use a title, descriptive of your issue, next time. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

[D]ream[B]oy^

Also when I try to click on board it says "Database error".I'll be more careful next time.Just tell me how to import data.I'll be thankful to you.

Kindred

import what data?

Seriously, you need to ask complete questions with background, not just single sentences...

You have asked about:
-- Custom Forms (use the mod as linked) - and if you have questions about that mod, ask in the mod support thread dedicated to that mod.
-- membergroup "stars" -- answered
-- something about "site cant be reached" --   that sounds more like a host problem than anything in SMF... but it could be...   follow the instructions I gave -- restore the backup and install the themes and mods one at a time, with testing in between.
-- Database error -- same instruction as above -- restore your backup and retest between each mod installation.

import?   import what? where? what what reason?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Herman's Mixen

and give us full error log instead of database does this or that... what error exactly popped up ?
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Advertisement: