error when trying to edit tinyportal blocks

Started by mack420, October 02, 2019, 06:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack420

not sure if this is a problem you can help me with or if I should contact my hosting site. figured I would post here first and see if you guys can help though. attached is a screenshot of the error message I get everytime I try to edit blocks in the tinyportal mod I added to my site which is sefwun.com. I am using the latest version of smf as well, so yea, idk what's going on

Arantor

What do you mean by "latest version" since there are 3 different "latest versions" of SMF you could have?

Also, anything in either the SMF or site error log?

mack420

my version of smf is 2.0.15

I don't see anything in the error log related to the problem I am having

Arantor

Errors that look unrelated may well be related... what errors do you have in both the forum error log and the site error log.

mack420

Illori

@rjen

I think you need to check the server error log: something is off with your site: can't even open the credits page to see what version of tiny portal you are actually using. Given the copyright year I doubt it is the latest ?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Illori

Quote from: @rjen on October 02, 2019, 01:00:53 PM
can't even open the credits page to see what version of tiny portal you are actually using. Given the copyright year I doubt it is the latest ?

on hover it says 1.0. so a good bit old.

@rjen

Thats a bit old (no hover on an IPad  ;) )

Anyway when clicking on credits I get a blank screen...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: norm on October 02, 2019, 07:15:33 AM
login errors

You will get login errors using TinyPortal 1.0  You'll need to upgrade to solve those.  That TP version came out in 2012 and hasn't got the session check added to the user block, which is required for SMF 2.0.14 onwards.

mack420

where is the server error log?

I can view the credits page from my windows 10 pc. maybe its the device you are using??? I am using the latest version of smf 2.0 which is 2.0.15

I just downloaded the newest version of tinyportal and will install that and see if it helps

hopefully I can get this working. will keep ya all posted

mack420

updated tinyportal and I can edit blocks again, so thanks for the help and thanks for the quick responses, love smf

Advertisement: