News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problem update 1.1.21 to 2.0.15

Started by -Rock Lee-, October 06, 2019, 07:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Rock Lee-

They asked me to update a forum that did not have a backup copy and tried unsuccessfully to convert it. After a while being trying everything to be able to update I reached a stalemate that I can't move forward... Start the whole process goes well until it reaches point 13 of 19 and tells me the following error:

Removing all guest deny permissions...done
!!
Error!
Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'where clause'

Which generated the following sql query

ALTER TABLE smf_permissions ADD addDeny tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1';

but it returns the value: "#1060 - Duplicate Column Name 'addDeny'" I have already dealt with several ideas and possible solutions without success so I need a little help to finish converting the forum.

Regards!

UPDATE: I could solve it, I should simply generate this sql query also in the table "smf_board_permissions" :)
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

shawnb61

It may also be referring to the board_permissions table in those steps...

That's really odd I think addDeny was there in 1 & 1.1.  I believe they were renamed from addDeny to add_deny in 2.0.  So look for that also in both of those tables. 

It's almost like there was an attempt to upgrade to 2.0.x earlier???

If add_deny exists in permissions & board_permissions, I'm not sure you're really starting from 1.1...

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

-Rock Lee-

If this I was reading, I started to test the SMF 2.0 convincations in both tables and it gave me a duplicate but in some I generate what allowed the conversion correctly now!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Advertisement: