News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade to language files

Started by tdennis, October 09, 2019, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdennis

I must be missing something. I was told that I should upgrade my 1.1 Language files which I just did. I downloaded "smf_2-0-15_english.zip" then uploaded it to my public_html where my forum is located. I followed the instructions:
"Just extract them into the same directory as the installation of SMF". Then checked "Detailed Version Check" on my forum and it shows that I still have version 1.1 language files (see below). What did I miss?

Dennis

Arantor

Click on Language Files, what does it say?

Sir Osis of Liver

Unzip the file, upload it to forum root.  Or you can just upload the language files from /Themes/default/languages/ to same directory in your forum install.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

tdennis

tdennis

Am I wrong to say that all the files are updated to latest version Except the last one "PersonalMessage.englishBACKUP.php"? Can it be deleted? Not sure where it came from.
Dennis

Arantor

Quote from: tdennis on October 09, 2019, 02:03:19 PM
Am I wrong to say that all the files are updated to latest version Except the last one "PersonalMessage.englishBACKUP.php"? Can it be deleted? Not sure where it came from.
Dennis

You're right and it can be deleted.

tdennis

Advertisement: