News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error 2.1 RC 2

Started by Ronald_1938, October 10, 2019, 01:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_1938

I have a couple of members on the Staff, that can't see the Admin. Staff Room, yet all the permissions are there..
I have had then clear the cache and do a F5 refresh, still doesn't work. I have run the clear cache in the ACP and still nothing..

I also have an Admin. that gets this error, when trying to work in the ACP

Error:
QuoteBoard Validating IP information does not have a valid parent. Use the 'find and repair errors' function to fix this.

I have done "find and repair errors" numerous times, nothing, get a message "no errors"

Any thoughts or ideas how to fix this.

Thanks

Ron.

Illori

can you try moving the board's location and see if that fixes the issue?

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Illori on October 10, 2019, 01:46:01 PM
can you try moving the board's location and see if that fixes the issue?

What do you mean move the boards location?

Illori

in the admin panel. move the board and see if the error goes away.

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Illori on October 10, 2019, 01:58:03 PM
in the admin panel. move the board and see if the error goes away.

Doesn't matter where the board is, as soon as this Admin, goes to Boards and Categories, clicks on he get this error. OK I moved a board, and still the same thing, but it only is on Boards & Categories, that the error shows.. But it does work on all other functions in the ACP.. Also this Admin. can not see the Staff Room either..

I also made a member a Global Moderator with all permissions for the Admin. Staff Room and he still can't see the forum to open it..

I can make adjustments, and I have the same permissions..

m4z

Are you using "Deny permissions"?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Illori

i am assuming the board in question is a child board, did you move the board so it is not a child then move it back?

Ronald_1938

Quote from: m4z on October 10, 2019, 02:41:59 PM
Are you using "Deny permissions"?

Sorry I don't follow, didn't know there were such permissions..

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Illori on October 10, 2019, 02:50:58 PM
i am assuming the board in question is a child board, did you move the board so it is not a child then move it back?

I changed it to default, same thing, Admin. still can not see the Staff Room.

This Admin, signs into the ACP and when he wants to make or change a board, he clicks on Boards and Categories, and the error appears, so he can't even open it..to make a change..

m4z

To quote the help text of ACP → Members → Permissions → Settings → "Enable the option to deny permissions":
QuoteDenying permissions can be useful when you want to take away permission from certain members. You can add a membergroup with a 'deny'-permission to the members you wish to deny a permission.

Use with care, a denied permission will stay denied no matter what other membergroups the member is in.

By "staff room", are you referring to the ACP/Moderation page, or a mod like this?
--Homer Simpson

Illori

given the error message initially posted this is a board they are trying to access.

m4z

Ah, you're using EhPortal, which apparently is a canadian 2.1 port of SimplePortal. It's probably a bug in that mod.
--Homer Simpson

Arantor

For the record I actually assumed the issue was trying to restore a previously deleted topic to a board that no longer exists; there aren't that many ways to get the style of error being shown there.

m4z

Quote from: Illori on October 10, 2019, 03:12:06 PM
given the error message initially posted this is a board they are trying to access.

Ah, gotcha.

@Oldcrow: Did you try ACP → Maintenance → Forum Maintenance → Routine → "Find and repair any errors"?
--Homer Simpson

Illori

Quote from: Oldcrow on October 10, 2019, 01:35:35 PM

I have done "find and repair errors" numerous times, nothing, get a message "no errors"

Any thoughts or ideas how to fix this.

Thanks

Ron.

that was run already.

m4z

Ah, sorry for the noise, it's late here.
Anything in the ACP error log (I assume not, as you're talking about "no errors"?) or the webserver error logs?

(I'll shut up now for ~8 hours. ;))
--Homer Simpson

Ronald_1938

Quote from: m4z on October 10, 2019, 03:08:06 PM
To quote the help text of ACP → Members → Permissions → Settings → "Enable the option to deny permissions":
QuoteDenying permissions can be useful when you want to take away permission from certain members. You can add a membergroup with a 'deny'-permission to the members you wish to deny a permission.

Use with care, a denied permission will stay denied no matter what other membergroups the member is in.

By "staff room", are you referring to the ACP/Moderation page, or a mod like this?

No I don't have a Team Page installed. I have a Hidden forum with permission for access to Admin. Global Moderators only..

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Illori on October 10, 2019, 03:12:06 PM

Not trying to access any particular board, this Admin gets this error when he clicks on Boards & Categories, this is where you can add a forum or change a forum.

Illori

no one else but that one person is getting this error?

Ronald_1938

Quote from: m4z on October 10, 2019, 03:12:18 PM
Ah, you're using EhPortal, which apparently is a canadian 2.1 port of SimplePortal. It's probably a bug in that mod.

Aye yep Chen made this EHPortal.. I'll see about disabling it or removing and see if this does the trick.

Advertisement: