News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred! Cannot use string offset as an array

Started by efk, October 10, 2019, 05:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efk

It happened today for unknown reason. In google results there is info about to move from PHP 7.2 to 7.1.

1. Noticed main problem on https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?action=forum forum page/Forum button on menu bar

An Error Has Occurred!
Cannot use string offset as an array

2nd problem Tags button on menu button

Database Error
Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'titan_forumdb93.l.id' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT
File: /home/titan/public_html/Sources/Tags2.php
Line: 193

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.14. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Probably there are more problems, but lets see about these, I think it can be related with hosting, but to be sure first, using GrayHosting.

Sir Osis of Liver

The string offset error is coming from the portal mod. AFAIK SP has been upgraded for php 7.x and you're running current version.  2.0.15 does not support php 7.2/7.3, but shouldn't cause that error.  The Tags error is also from a mod.  Your host may have upgraded php version, that could have triggered the errors.  Drop back to 7.1, see if it helps.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

efk

Probably is some coincidence that we are moved on some newer php version. We are on 5.6 for almost 2 years, guys from hosting did great job all the time, especially CoreISP. I hope it will be fixed soon :)
As always, thanks Sir  :)

lurkalot

Quote from: efk on October 10, 2019, 06:58:02 PM
Probably is some coincidence that we are moved on some newer php version. We are on 5.6 for almost 2 years, guys from hosting did great job all the time, especially CoreISP. I hope it will be fixed soon :)
As always, thanks Sir  :)

Think you'll find you're on php 7.1.32 now.  I was also still on 5.6, but now all my sites are suddenly running 0n 7.1.32 Luckily doesn't seem to have broken anything.  I was going to change php version anyway, but it's saved me a job.  ;)

What versions does it tell you in,  Admin > Main > Support and Credits?

Advertisement: