Citiez updated for SMF 2.1 RC2 Possible?

Started by Northern Ireland, October 15, 2019, 09:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Ireland

First off - a big thank you to the SMF developers, and the community.  I've been installing and using SMF for well over a decade on various sites. It is, by far, my fave forum script.

OK, my question.

I love my old theme Citiez - made by the superb, but now sadly no more, Dzignerstudio

It worked fine on my old SMF 2.0.14 version.

But yesterday, on upgrading to the latest SMF 2.1 RC2,  the Citiez theme isn't recognised, nor does it show up in the available themes.

Is there any way to tweak the old Citiez theme, to make it work with the new SMF version?

Dzonny

Hey there and welcome to SMF community!

It surely is possible to tweak it, although there is no official version of that theme available for 2.1 as far as I know.
You'd need to manually modify it to work with it though.

Northern Ireland

Thanks for the kind welcome, Dzonny.

I am not much of a coder (I can install things, and tweak css...i.e. basic stuff). 

Is it difficult to manually modify such a theme to upgrade it?  Much work involved I wonder? 

Kindred

2.1 is significantly different in a number of ways....  so, it would be much easier to pay someone to recreate it on 2.1 than to try to port the existing 2.0.x design....

That being said, doing it for a SP release is not a good plan since there may be additional changes before the final release
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ARG01

Citiez is a great candidate for 2.1. However as mentioned, it would be a waste of time until there is a final release. I have not even attempted to convert a Dziner Studio theme to 2.1 yet.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Northern Ireland

Kindred and ARG01, thanks for the responses.

Happy to hear that you like Citiez as well, ARG01.  I loved many of the Dzignerstudio's themes - but Citiez was one I especially loved.  Looks so professional.....just awesome.

OK, so I am best off waiting for a final SMF release. 

Does anyone have any clues as to when, even roughly, we might see a final SMF release?  Weeks/months/next year? 

Illori

Quote from: Northern Ireland on October 15, 2019, 12:14:23 PM
Does anyone have any clues as to when, even roughly, we might see a final SMF release?  Weeks/months/next year? 

when it is ready and not a moment sooner. we don't give dates.

Arantor

Quote from: ARG01 on October 15, 2019, 11:58:29 AM
Citiez is a great candidate for 2.1. However as mentioned, it would be a waste of time until there is a final release. I have not even attempted to convert a Dziner Studio theme to 2.1 yet.

I did Peacock a while ago, it wasn't especially annoying because it has very simple catbg and titlebg headers, Citiez might be a bit harder.

Note that whoever did it wouldn't be able to redistribute the theme as far as I know.

Northern Ireland

Quote from: Illori on October 15, 2019, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: Northern Ireland on October 15, 2019, 12:14:23 PM

when it is ready and not a moment sooner. we don't give dates.

;D    the answer I expected - and the right one. 

Love your work.   Superb script.  All my best.

Advertisement: