News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Is there a video mod

Started by genie, October 15, 2019, 11:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genie

I've used SFM for more years than I can count.... over 10 or more.

Recently we ran into error upgrading to PHP 7.3.  Many programs crashed.

I remember just having to put in the url of Youtube for the video to play.  Now I can't find anything.

I''m using 2.0.1.5

Thanks

vbgamer45

I have an embed mod at https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681

SMF 2.0.15 supports up to PHP 7.1 right now.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

genie

I believe I tried your mod, but will try again.  Maybe I can back my php ver 7.1 and it will work.

Thanks for the reply.

genie

Here is the error message I get:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Type   Action   Description
*   1.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test successful
2.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php   Skipping file
*   3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test successful
*   4.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
*   5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test successful
*   6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test successful
*   7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed
8.   Extract File   ./Sources/AutoEmbedMediaPro2.php   
9.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/AutoEmbedMediaPro2.template.php   
10.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/languages/AutoEmbedMediaPro.english.php   
11.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/languages/AutoEmbedMediaPro.english-utf8.php   
12.   Extract Tree   ./videos   
13.   Execute Code   AutoEmbedMediaProInstall2.php   

I had to remain at 7.3 php version and only have Tiny Portal installed.

Thanks, anyway.

Sir Osis of Liver

SMF 2.0 does not support php 7.2/7.3, it will run but log a lot of errors.  Many 2.0 mods will break in 7.3.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

vbgamer45

For the mod you might have to do the second edit manually    2.   Replace   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

genie

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 15, 2019, 04:12:44 PM
SMF 2.0 does not support php 7.2/7.3, it will run but log a lot of errors.  Many 2.0 mods will break in 7.3.

It certainly broke a lot of Wordpress sites.  I've got three sites that have to be started over after many years.

genie

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 15, 2019, 04:25:51 PM
For the mod you might have to do the second edit manually    2.   Replace   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed

Are you suggesting replace the file with the original file?  Isn't the install changing it in some way?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: