News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Thread replies "load more"

Started by KBExit, October 17, 2019, 10:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBExit

I was wondering if it was possible to load say about 15 posts and instead of dealing with pagination, have the "load more" button load the next 15 posts, and on and on.
I know I have to edit the display.template.php file, but I don't know how to go about doing this. Thank you!

Pipke

there is this mod ACPS - Ajax Continuous Post Scrolling no button but on scrolling, maybe it's what your looking for
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

KBExit

Thats not exactly what I want either.
I did some editing to my SMF Display.template.php to make it look like a blog and the first message is different from the rest. I also modified it using the Sticky First Post to every page, but now I'm running into formatting issues with the second page.
I tried to combat this by going into the posts per page settings, but I cannot disable a limit, and even tried to put 99999 but it defaulted back to the original settings.
Is there a way to get rid of the post limit per page by any chance?

Pipke

Quote from: KBExit on October 19, 2019, 12:12:36 PM
Is there a way to get rid of the post limit per page by any chance?
yes ofcourse there is, with code anything can be done, is it wise hmm, guess not, why...well if a topic has lets say 1000 replies, then the server needs to load thoudsands of data at once from the db and will crash and your website will be useless.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Diego Andrés

Why not try to fix this formatting issue the 'Sticky First Post to every page' mod is giving you?
Have you asked in the support thread?

I tried searching for this mod but didn't find the exact title.
Only result is https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4144

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Mick.

I think he wants infinite scroll script for posts

Diego Andrés

Yes but only because his other pages are broken as he said

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: