News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Mass email

Started by Ronald_1938, October 19, 2019, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_1938

Using SMF 2.1 RC2 PHP is 7.2

For some time now I have been attempting to send out a Newsletter. I have sent out a few but they never arrive. The system tells me they have been sent and are in the mail queue, I go have a peek and nothing in the mail queue..

Is there any fix for this, I am using the domain email, see image for my mail setup.

Would sure love to have this fixed..

shawnb61

First thing to do is to get currenet on the code, at this point, RC2 had some issues in this area.

Also note that users must proactively allow newsletters. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Ronald_1938

Quote from: shawnb61 on October 21, 2019, 11:01:36 AM
First thing to do is to get currenet on the code, at this point, RC2 had some issues in this area.

Also note that users must proactively allow newsletters.

Yes I realize RC2 has some problems. Just thought there was a fix for it.. It'll probably come later on..

Also what is 'current on the code' mean?

Illori

code that comes from GitHub is more up to date then what you have currently. if you run into issues the first step will be to upgrade to the code from GitHub and test if the issue is fixed.

this is why we don't recommend users use SMF 2.1 in production as you will need to often run upgrades and possibly modify code to attempt to fix issues.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Illori on October 21, 2019, 11:20:05 AM
code that comes from GitHub is more up to date then what you have currently. if you run into issues the first step will be to upgrade to the code from GitHub and test if the issue is fixed.

this is why we don't recommend users use SMF 2.1 in production as you will need to often run upgrades and possibly modify code to attempt to fix issues.

I liked what I seen with 2.1 that's why I started using it.. I understand the upgrades, as bigguy keeps his upgraded all the time..

So I guess I'll remove the mod.'s and upgrade..

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ronald_1938

Has been upgraded to the latest github.. Newsletter works now..

Thanks for all the support.

Thanks to Runic (Bryan) for the personal help.

Advertisement: