Odd issue: When i hover over buttons etc, the results just flashes once

Started by aegersz, October 26, 2019, 07:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Odd issue: When i hover over buttons etc, the results just flashes once and is gone/unreadable.

Any thoughts, please ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

aegersz

like the editor button buttons, for example.

not much has changed except for adding some Li and List buttons.

I also have a mod that expands on the subject and that too exhibits the same fault.

What determines that hover-and-explain time ?

It's likely to be on the javascript side, right ?

EDIT: Some of It only happens in Opera but only for my forum and not SM's.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

Actually, it is apparent all over my browser.

This doesn't seek like an easy one but i will leave it open in case someone has any more ideas.

very, very odd as it also sometimes happens your your forum so it's system wide issue.

Sir Osis of Liver

If it happens here, it's a browser problem.  Have you tried different browsers?  Are you running any privacy/security addons?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aegersz

Yes I did but it wasn't until i tried Linux Puppy and Mint where everything works fine.

I found the solution at https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/15306413?hl=en ...

Milton Nunes, 10/18/19

Solution found on https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1007262, at least for me:

1) In the Address Bar paste and access the following path: chrome://flags/#enable-aura-tooltips-on-windows​
2) Disable Enable aura tooltips on Windows
3) Restart Chrome
4) Done

works for Opera also

Advertisement: