News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Website down with Fatal Error...please help me figure out how to fix

Started by Jojoba, October 28, 2019, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jojoba

Here is what my website is showing:

Notice: Undefined variable: boarddir in /home/u361744461/domains/jojobaforum.com/public_html/index.php on line 47

Notice: Undefined variable: boarddir in /home/u361744461/domains/jojobaforum.com/public_html/index.php on line 48

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home/u361744461/domains/jojobaforum.com/public_html/index.php on line 51

Warning: require_once(/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u361744461/domains/jojobaforum.com/public_html/index.php on line 51

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear') in /home/u361744461/domains/jojobaforum.com/public_html/index.php on line 51

Illori

your Settings.php got wiped out. you need to restore the file from backup or copy it from the Settings_bak.php.

Jojoba

Thank you for replying. Any idea how that happened? I haven't modified anything on the forum for days and it was working last night. I get up this morning and it's gone. The hosting service is not able to help me figure it out.

Illori

lurkalot

Quote from: Jojoba on October 28, 2019, 02:03:03 PM
Thank you for replying. Any idea how that happened? I haven't modified anything on the forum for days and it was working last night. I get up this morning and it's gone. The hosting service is not able to help me figure it out.

Quote from: Illori on October 28, 2019, 02:11:41 PM
it is a bug in SMF.

More details on said bug, https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=569740.msg4032018#msg4032018

Jojoba

I have installed backups, however, it keeps redirecting to 127.0.0.1. So I found a post in this forum about the repair_tool.php and ran that, restoring settings to default. However it is still redirecting to 127.0.0.1 every time I try to log in. Any suggestions?

Shambles

Is it your jojoba forum?

If so it looks ok to me, for as much as a guest can see.

PS, don't forget to remove your repair_settings file.

Jojoba

Thanks for replying. Yes...I am back in now...however, I'm trying to figure out how to restore some of the files since the database is missing a lot of new users. Any suggestions on which deleted files I can bring back into the forum? Like what contains all the usernames and and passwords? Is that in the cache?

Unfortunately I have no real idea what I'm doing when it comes to php or sql. The latest backup was several days old and a lot was changed on the forum in those days. I'd love to figure out what files can safely be imported into the backup version I'm running now so users don't have to reregister, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Illori

what exact steps did you do? restoring the Settings.php file should not have changed anything but correct the error.

Jojoba

I restored the SQLdatabase on the server through MyPHP and I put all the public_html files into a folder titled Old Files and extracted a files backup folder in public_html to take their place. I'm wondering if any of the Old Files can be moved back into public_html to restore some of the data that wasn't in the backup. Possible?

Illori

you did much more then you need to do. all you had to do was to put that ONE file back.

you can ask your host if they can restore your database and maybe that can help.

Jojoba

Thanks for your help Illori. I followed the hosting tech support advice and they didn't have a clue. At least  the site is up and running again and I've corrected  the setting that triggers the bug in the software. Hopefully it will never happen again.

Advertisement: