SMF sending constantly "SMF Database Error!"

Started by qwerty1111, October 21, 2019, 04:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwerty1111

Hello,

After reinstalling SMF 2.0.15 I begin constantly to receive the message "SMF Database Error!". After reinstalling the forum I set to use the old database. I have used the tool "repair_settings.php".

Only mod installed Tiny Portal 1.6.4.

Regards,

d3vcho

Where are you getting that error message? Is it the full error message? Are you able to access the Error Log in Admin? What PHP version are you using?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

qwerty1111

Hello,

I am getting the following message on the email:
Subject: IoT Forum BG: SMF Database Error!
There has been a problem with the database!

This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

QuoteAre you able to access the Error Log in Admin?
Yes.

QuoteWhat PHP version are you using?
Forum version: SMF 2.0.15 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.15
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
Database Server: Percona
MySQL version: 5.6.42-84.2-log
PHP: 7.0.25
Server version: Apache

Forum:hxxps://iotbg.eu/index.php

Illori

if you are still getting that message you should contact your host.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

qwerty1111

@Illory
Thank you. Today I am going to contact my host to see if he can help.

@Sir Osis of Liver
Hello,

1. Deleted all of the SMF files from the folder
2. Made a new installation from cpanel but in a new folder (not the original one). Why? Cpanel gave error that there was already an installation in that folder. So I made a new installation in a separate folder. I couldn't do manual installation in the original folder too.
3. After the installation I copied the new files from the new folder to the original folder.
4. Deleted the new database in cpanel
5. Run "repair_settings.php" to link the old database to the newly installed forum.

Now everything is running fine but my mail is full of this error.

lurkalot

I'm more curious as to why you had to reinstall in the first place?  And if you had a problem, why you didn't just upload a fresh set of files to the original install to fix the problem.  https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Is the old install still looking for the database.

Dzonny

Do you have something in your error log? Is this plain forum or you installed some mods/themes?
The best would anyway be to contact your host, as it seems like your sql server is having some hiccups.

Advertisement: