News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

White screen when I change the languaje to UTF8

Started by guiller_mote, October 21, 2019, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaWatt

Quote from: guiller_mote on November 05, 2019, 11:52:30 AM
And what I should transfer to avoid the blank screen in the forum page for guests? Or perhaps I should transfer the entire clear package from downloads section? What do you recomend me?

If you still have access to the files from the old host, download everything (including attachments) in binary mode, delete everything on the new host and upload to the new host in binary mode as well. Afterwards, run repair_settings.php to fix the new paths, URLs, etc.

That's the only way you can be absolutely sure that this problem has nothing to do with "corrupt" line endings in the script's files.

Quote from: guiller_mote on November 05, 2019, 11:52:30 AM
If you want check it, the domain is already transfered to the new server and you can see the fail in forofosdelrunning.com/index.php?action=forum page by yourself.

Yep, WSOD on my end as well.

Do what I previously suggested, see if that fixes the problem ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

guiller_mote

I will do what you say GigaWatt step by step and the same issue :(. The only thing that I cannot do is run reppair_settings.php as it doesn't work with my php release but I have change the urls manually to the settings.php file.

If I would know the file/s related to the call to /index.php?action=forum I would be able focus on this and don't in the entire web but I don't know it.
Another thing that I cannot understand is what can be the reason why all users registered can see that page and ghest don't  >:( :-\, it has no sense for me.

Arantor

At a minimum, index.php, plus the following Sources files: BoardIndex, Load, Subs, QueryString, Subs-Db-mysql, plus whatever files your portal loads.

What concerns me more is that the errors aren't getting into any error log.

Illori

why do you say that repair_settings.php does not work with your php version? I am not aware of any issues with it not working with any modern php version.

guiller_mote

Quote from: Illori on November 07, 2019, 02:31:49 PM
why do you say that repair_settings.php does not work with your php version? I am not aware of any issues with it not working with any modern php version.

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 23, 2019, 11:29:13 AM
This function was DEPRECATED in PHP 5.3.0, and REMOVED as of PHP 7.0.0. You are running something above PHP 7?

As for the original issue, a white screen after changing a language would imply an issue in the language files - what language pack are you using?

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /srv/disk15/3192114/www/ffdr.atwebpages.com/repair_settings.php:170 Stack trace: #0 /srv/disk15/3192114/www/ffdr.atwebpages.com/repair_settings.php(25): initialize_inputs() #1 {main} thrown in repair_settings.php on line 170

guiller_mote

After install the forum in test again from the beginning and checking step by step, I have found the issue  :)
All worked fine until I installed mod Login Form Fix.
Going to production one and unintalling this mod all works fine now.

The problem is probably I will have problems with the logon, I hope this helps for somebody in the same situation.

However, I still don't understand why this mod was working in my old VPS ?¿?¿   :(

Kindred

Well, if you have problems with login,  then you can manually apply the correct code as detailed in the faq...

Or wait for 2.0.16
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

guiller_mote

Advertisement: