News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Spell check

Started by Bigguy, October 22, 2019, 03:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Spell check on my site works....half way, lol. It has been awhile since I update the site so this could be fixed by now. On my server, spell check is installed and working. SMF tells me it is. You can use it in quick reply. It does not exist in the full editor though. That is the problem. SPell check only works in quick reply. Can anyone confirm this. ??

Bigguy

Nobody has seen this at all. ??

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Bigguy

Here are some screenshots. Quick reply has spell check....reply does not.

m4z

I can confirm this on my almost-HEAD version (updated around 2019-10-10). I just didn't notice in my OP because I basically only use Quick Reply.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Bigguy

Thank you for the confirmation. It used to be in both places awhile ago but isn't now.

Bigguy

lurkalot

Just curious.  Did you also notice that clicking the spell check button actually posts the text that you were trying to check?

The spell check button is hooked up the same as the post button, action=post2   ;)

m4z

Was reported in my thread, which shawnb61 mentioned in Reply #2.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

lurkalot

Quote from: m4z on November 10, 2019, 05:39:55 AM
Was reported in my thread, which shawnb61 mentioned in Reply #2.

Thank you.  I missed that completely, and clicked the GitHub report that Bigguy referred to, https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5847

Bigguy

It doesn't post when I do it. I click it and it checks spelling and then I post.

Bigguy

OK, well now it does for some reason. It never did that before.

Bigguy

This is still happening on the one site I updated a week ago. Just thought I would post.

Advertisement: