News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Any SMF 2.1 converters yet?

Started by cgeek, February 16, 2022, 04:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgeek

I need to update an old converter for a very old custom system I am working on converting.  I have one I wrote that works for conversion to SMF 2.0, but wondering how different it would need to be for what SMF 2.1 needs?  As I understand it, there's at least some changes to attachments/avatars.  Not sure what else.  So I'm looking for any converter that has code I can use for handling conversions to SMF 2.1. 

I clicked through a bunch here but didn't see any for 2.1: https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?converters.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: cgeek on February 16, 2022, 04:19:27 PMI need to update an old converter for a very old custom system I am working on converting.  I have one I wrote that works for conversion to SMF 2.0, but wondering how different it would need to be for what SMF 2.1 needs?  As I understand it, there's at least some changes to attachments/avatars.  Not sure what else.  So I'm looking for any converter that has code I can use for handling conversions to SMF 2.1. 

I clicked through a bunch here but didn't see any for 2.1: https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?converters.

What system are you trying to convert from?

If you have one that will convert your forum software to Smf 2.0, you do not need a 2.1. converter. All you have to do after converting to Smf 2.0, is upgrade your forum to 2.1. and you are all set.

cgeek

It's basically an old custom system.  I already did upgrade the site to 2.1 but need to do future cuts of data before go live.  I was wondering if it would still work on 2.1 because I thought something changed with attachments and avatars.  I have another thread on that topic based on my upgrade experience.

cgeek

For anyone else interested, it looks like the upgrade_2-1_mysql.sql script that comes with the upgrade has the logic for the attachments (and most other things.)  Formatted similar to the conversion scripts as well, so lots of useful logic there to adapt in a 2.1 conversion script.

Advertisement: