Chrome shortcut text location

Started by Gandrel, January 06, 2020, 01:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandrel

Does anyone know where the "Index" is coming from in this screenshot?:

I would like to change that so it says "Forum" instead.

Gandrel

Ah ha. I found the solution here:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=454972.msg3178472#msg3178472

Changing $txt['forum_index'] = '%1$s - Index'; to $txt['forum_index'] = '%1$s - Forum'; did the trick! It took sometime for my browser to pick up the change mind you, but it eventually did.

Gandrel

This is not solved actually... My fix lasted for two seconds it seemed and then it's back to what is showing in the screenshot. Anyone have any ideas?

Kindred

Suggest that you install the Optimus Brave mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gandrel

Quote from: Gandrel on January 06, 2020, 04:21:34 AM
This is not solved actually... My fix lasted for two seconds it seemed and then it's back to what is showing in the screenshot. Anyone have any ideas?
For some unknown reason, everything is working properly now. I didn't change anything specifically to try to fix this and I noticed that the Chrome shortcut icon just started displaying the correct text on its own the next day and has stayed that way ever since. Mind you, it's not displaying "Forum" specifically, but instead probably what it should really be displaying, the "Forum Title" found under Admin > Server Settings > General. /shrug

Quote from: Kindred on January 06, 2020, 09:48:10 AM
Suggest that you install the Optimus Brave mod.
Do you suggest that I still install this mod? I'm it's one that will really be beneficially that I'll do it. I'm just apprehensive to install mods and they just seem to be more trouble than good it seems, especially if they're not kept up to date with SMF releases...

m4z

On the SMF side of things, cache might interfere.

On the Chromium/Chrome side, I don't know if the exact behavior is even documented anywhere. Did you clear your cache? Did you restart your browser? Both?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Gandrel

Quote from: m4z on January 11, 2020, 02:59:31 AM

On the Chromium/Chrome side, I don't know if the exact behavior is even documented anywhere. Did you clear your cache? Did you restart your browser? Both?
Ah. I believe I have run "empty the file cache" under Admin > Forum Maintenance > Routine. Is that the cache that you're referring to?

As far as Chrome goes, I haven't cleared my cache or restart the browser all week.

m4z

Quote from: Gandrel on January 11, 2020, 03:08:15 AM

Ah. I believe I have run "empty the file cache" under Admin > Forum Maintenance > Routine. Is that the cache that you're referring to?

Exactly.

Quote from: Gandrel on January 11, 2020, 03:08:15 AM
As far as Chrome goes, I haven't cleared my cache or restart the browser all week.

That might be the cause then. Chrome has it's own cache, and for some cases (like the site favicons displayed in the tab; driving me crazy when I edit them), it only refreshes it after you restart the browser (and maybe without a restart, if you visit the site again after a long time).

You said above your browser picked up the change after a while, and then it turned back again. Were you talking about the Chrome start page shortcut in both cases?
--Homer Simpson

Gandrel

You said above your browser picked up the change after a while, and then it turned back again. Were you talking about the Chrome start page shortcut in both cases?
Yes I was.

m4z

Ok, I can't explain that part then. O:)
Good thing it works. :laugh:
--Homer Simpson

Advertisement: