News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to upgrade database?

Started by engrz, October 09, 2019, 09:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

engrz

hello

im getting this error when installing any mod

QuoteTable 'engrz_xxx.org_pm_attachments' doesn't exist
File: /home/engrz/public_html/engrz.org/Sources/Subs-MediaAttachments.php
Line: 131

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.10. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Sir Osis of Liver

There were no database changes from 2.0.10 -> 2.0.15, you can ignore that message.  The error is coming from a mod.  _pm_attachments is not a core table, Subs-MediaAttachments.php is not a core file.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

looks like the pm attachments mod was either partially installed or partially uninstalled
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

engrz

Quote from: Kindred on October 09, 2019, 10:14:06 PM
looks like the pm attachments mod was either partially installed or partially uninstalled

Thank you for the quick response.

first of all i fully uninstalled it few days ago but today installed again so i got this message.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did package manager display any errors when you reinstalled?

- R. Waters

engrz

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 09, 2019, 10:44:36 PM
Did package manager display any errors when you reinstalled?

no any error, just installed fine.

Kindred

Well, since it's missing the table,  it clearly didn't.   
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

since this has to do with a mod, you should post in the mods support topic for further support.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kindred on October 10, 2019, 03:20:20 AM

^ The installer creates the table.  Have you checked your database to see if the table exists?

- R. Waters

engrz

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 10, 2019, 05:34:48 PM
Quote from: Kindred on October 10, 2019, 03:20:20 AM

^ The installer creates the table.  Have you checked your database to see if the table exists?

can you please guide me how to create table for this problem?

Sir Osis of Liver

If the table doesn't exist, the mod installation failed.  Creating the table manually will probably not fix it.  You should ask for assistance in the mod support topic.

- R. Waters

engrz

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Sir Osis of Liver

If you got a bad install, you may get a bad uninstall.  If it was the last mod installed, you can restore the package backup in /Packages/backups/, else you'll have to clean it up manually.

- R. Waters

engrz

Quote from: Kindred on October 12, 2019, 05:42:44 AM
Then uninstall the mod

uninstall the mod is not resolving the attachment issue. after uninstallation i get "HTTP ERROR 500" during attachment. increased php parameters like attachment file size, execution time and all which may cause it.

QuoteIf you got a bad install, you may get a bad uninstall.  If it was the last mod installed,

It was successful in both the cases (Installation and Uninstallation). but after a successful install i got that message to upgrade your database.

Sir Osis of Liver

Package manager will uninstall some mods without error, but there will still be remnant code in some files.  You have to go through all files touched by the mod and clean up the code manually.

- R. Waters

engrz

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 13, 2019, 05:05:33 PM
Package manager will uninstall some mods without error, but there will still be remnant code in some files.  You have to go through all files touched by the mod and clean up the code manually.

I have tried to manually uninstall and cleared all but still on same problem.

Kindred

in that case, you have no successfully removed the mod code changes.

Your best option may be a clean set of files, and then reinstall the mods that you need.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: