Host upgraded to MySQL 5, php 4.4 and apache2

Started by lepelle, November 17, 2005, 08:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepelle

For a customer I am running a board smf version 1.02, the looks of which are heavily changed. hxxp:www.muiderpoorttheater.nl/jongeren/chatwall [nonactive]

The board went error white recently due to php4.4 patch needed.

The patch for MySQL 5.012  is still needed and I am thinking about combining this with the MySQL 5 patch. Although, I dread the 1.05 update due to layout changes, in the template pages.
Does the 1.05 update include the MySQL patch?

Advice on upgrading strategy is welcomed here...

Suppose I run an update according to book, finishing off with the upgrade.php. Can I then overwrite files in the template directory with the old ones which have been manually edited?

The hosting uses SAFE MOD, so package manager is not an option.

Thanks for any feedback
Per Jansson

redone

An upgrade to 1.05 is pretty much not an option these days. That being said you can continue to run 1.03 but like any type of software the older the version the less and less support options are available to you.

Personally I would upgrade to 1.1rc and FTP any packages to the /Packages folder and apply the mod's that way. If for some reason you do have old mod's that no longer are available for 1.1rc I am afraid as a forum admin its the price you pay for a secure and better performing forum.

That's always the way I have personally approached such changes with my forum members anyway.

~redone

Ben_S

Anything below 1.0.5 has security holes, you should upgrade to 1.0.5. There are no critical template changes between 1.0.0 and 1.0.5 so your old templates will be absolutly fine on 1.0.5.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

lepelle

Thanks for responses

Quote from: Ben_S on November 17, 2005, 09:08:35 AM
Anything below 1.0.5 has security holes, you should upgrade to 1.0.5. There are no critical template changes between 1.0.0 and 1.0.5 so your old templates will be absolutly fine on 1.0.5.

Does the 1.05 contain the MySQL 5.012 patches, or will it still be needed after updating?

Quote from: redone on November 17, 2005, 09:03:24 AM
Personally I would upgrade to 1.1rc
~redone

If I have understood it correctly, the latest production version is 1.05, or not?

Oldiesmann

1.0.5 is the latest fully-tested version. 1.1RC1 is quite stable and has a lot more features, but it's still got some bugs in it as well.

I'm not sure if 1.0.5 contains the MySQL patches or not.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: