News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

DokuWiki, authPDO & Simple Machines

Started by NFG, December 09, 2019, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

I've been bashing my head against this all night and I'm ready to admit I need help.

Dokuwiki has an AuthPDO module for user authentication, and I've got code that pulls out the username, password hash and so on from SMF, but it constantly fails to match the wiki user's password with the hash in the SMF DB.  Now dokuwiki supports bcrypt, but I'm guessing it needs to understand the salt, and I'm having trouble making that part of it work when I don't understand the salt myself. 

Is password_salt in smf_members the actual salt used to generate the passwd hash?  Are those two elements plus the wiki user's plaintext password enough to authenticate the user?

And...  Can this be done in MySQL, so that I can return the user ID knowing these three things?  (select uid from smf_members where member_name = 'dave' and <password magic>) ?

Or am I doing this entirely wrong?  Happy to get an answer either way.  =)

NFG

Iit seems like SMF does way more work on the passwords than a simple MySQL query will work with.

But I found this:  https://github.com/realdigger/DokuWiki-SMF2-Authentication-Plugin

And it seems to work just fine.  So the question is moot.

Rasim Aeon

How do you adjust the access and group assignments while using the smf auth.  Is there something that needs to be added in smf?

Advertisement: