News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Restriction of uploads to separated boards

Started by konvdummy, November 02, 2019, 10:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

konvdummy

Hello,

is it possible (with a mod or something else) to restrict the uploads only to a few kind of chosen boards ?

Best
Rafael

lurkalot

When you say uploads.  Uploads of what exactly, do you mean attachments?

konvdummy

I mean uploads of pictures in themes, and I want to allow this only for two of maybe 15 boards.

lurkalot

I'm not aware of a mod that does this, I did take a quick look but didn't see anything.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along with a answer to whether it's doable or not.  Sorry.

Mick.

Until someone chimes in willing to do a mod for it, consider using membergroup permissions?

Antechinus

Easy to do in principle. All you'd need is some code to prevent displaying the attachment options unless board_id = whatever.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Actually, using Board Permissions and Deny -permissions - this shouldn't need any modding what so ever.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

konvdummy

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Not knowing how your permissions are now, can't tell you specifically what to do - but basically, create a new board permission profile, assign it to the boards you don't want to allow uploading to, and change the permissions in this new profile as needed to disallow or deny the upload permission.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: