News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

notification

Started by sirfpsycho, November 03, 2019, 12:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirfpsycho

Hi, how can I know if someone requested to join group? Is there any notification setting so that after requesting admin, moderator will get notification that someone asked to join group.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Haven't used requestable groups in a while, so I may remember this incorrectly - but I think the moderation center by default should show open requests on the moderation home page, and email notifications are user configurable.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

sirfpsycho

If I open homepage of the site there is no notification for new request. If I go to moderate>membergroups>Membergroup Requests then I can see all the requests. So, by this way I need to check regularly. If notification show on homepage it will be easy if new request comes.

Illori

if your profile is set to get notifications for moderation reports and similar you should get an email when someone requests to join a group.

sirfpsycho

I don't want email notification. I want notification on site.

Arantor

This doesn't exist in 2.0 and no one has written a mod for it. It exists on 2.1 though that is not finished yet.

Also, word from the wise, making all requests sound like demands is unlikely to get you any sympathy from the people who would have to spend considerable time making things uniquely for you; most people prefer to make things that are generic and reusable for everyone.

sirfpsycho

I just asked if it is available. I am not forcing to make it. by the way thank you for your all response. :)

Arantor

No, you said "I want notification on site". That doesn't sound like asking for something being available, that sounds like making a demand. Unfortunately no-one has ever been interested in doing this for 2.0 in the fashion you describe, not in the 8 years since 2.0.0 came out.

But like I said, it's available in 2.1.

sirfpsycho

It is because my poor English. I'm sorry if it hurts. I wanted to say I need this feature. If it is available then say me where it is. But now I got it is not available in 2.0 version

Advertisement: