News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Test email

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, November 05, 2019, 04:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Any simple way to make forum send a test email?  Having a problem with new install that doesn't send emails, it's pia to have to generate a registration or notification email.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Sir Osis of Liver

Thanks.  Tried it, tells me email was sent, but it's not received, same as forum.  Host support tells me email account is working.  Will have them run test script.

- R. Waters

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

No errors.  Test script runs successfully, reports email sent, never arrives, same as forum.  Works on my test install, as do all forum mail functions.  Same host (mine) different server.  Chasing this with host support.

- R. Waters

AlanDewey

Is your problem with a 'new' domain name?  Or has the domain moved?   If so, did you remember to update your SPF records?    Incorrect SPF records will cause better email services to reject the email - will not even go to your spam folder.

When I was testing mine, I just kept clicking to send email to user (me.)
Causing lots of electrons to push each other around since 1985.

Sir Osis of Liver

<sigh> The emails were being blocked by spamassassin, domain name contains "f--k".  This is going to be a problem. :P

- R. Waters

GigaWatt

That's was I was also thinking... domain name whitelisting with certain free email providers... it can be tricky, especially with Gmail.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: