News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

When posting: Attachments and other options not working

Started by Totosfo, November 08, 2019, 02:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totosfo

Hi all,

I'm running SMF 2.0.15.

Since a while the "Attachments and other options" button below a posting or answer does not work anymore:

When pressed, it opens for a tenth of a second, the page refreshes and the text typed before clicking vanishes. Strange enough, it worked for some users after a zillion refreshs.

Moreover, in my prelive environment (a 1:1 copy) it was working fine. As soon as I moved it to the live directory and pointed it to the live database, the behaviour started again after a couple of times (no modifications made inbetween).

"Enable collapsible additional post options" is ticked in the theme config.

Any ideas? Existing attachments are shown properly, also avatar upload is working fine.

Thank you for your help!
Cheers,

Thomas

Illori

open your browsers inspect tools and then the console, then do the action and see what errors may be logged. post back what you find.

Totosfo

Hi Illori,

thank you for your help.

Firefox and Chrome threw (apart from some cross-site Google-Cookie issues) no specific errors. Only Edge returned something, unfortunately this is in german. I added a quick translation, hope that helps.

Note: "sollte-wieder-laufen" is the name of the topic.

QuoteHTML1300: Navigation wurde ausgeführt.
sollte-wieder-laufen (1,1)

CSS3121: Die Medienabfrage -ms-viewport ist veraltet. - veraltet: outdated

HTML1502: Unerwarteter DOCTYPE. Nur ein DOCTYPE ist zulässig, und er muss vor allen Elementen stehen.
sollte-wieder-laufen (221,10) - unexptected DOCTYPE. Only one DOCTYPE is allowed and has to be above all other elements

HTML1513: Zusätzliche "<html>-Markierung gefunden. Pro Dokument sollte nur eine "<html>"-Markierung vorhanden sein.
sollte-wieder-laufen (222,1) - additional html tag found. Only one html tag should be existing

HTML1503: Unerwartete Startmarkierung.  - unexpected status flag
sollte-wieder-laufen (222,7)

HTML1512: Endmarkierung ohne Entsprechung. - end marker without match
sollte-wieder-laufen (224,1)

HTML1514: Zusätzliche "<body>-Markierung gefunden. Pro Dokument sollte nur eine "<body>"-Markierung vorhanden sein.
sollte-wieder-laufen (224,8) - additional body tag found. only one body tag should be existing

Unlocalized string: vs_editor_contrib_find_browser_findWidget_13

Strange enough, I just tried in my prelive environment (1:1) copy. Working like a charm there. I'm temped to copy this installation over to prod. Or is it maybe just a path issue somewhere well hidden?

Once again, thank you for your assistance.
Cheers,

Thomas

Illori

are you sure you went under console? that just looks like html issues which would not help in troubleshooting this issue.

Totosfo

Hi Illori,

yes, it's the console - please have a look at the screenshot attached. I cleared it, that's the output when I click on "advanced posting options".

Besides: is there a flag or something which would keep this hidden part visible all the time? (as a temporary solution).

Thank you!
Cheers,

Thomas

Illori

Quote from: Totosfo on November 08, 2019, 02:35:48 PM
"Enable collapsible additional post options" is ticked in the theme config.

uncheck that option.

are you using the default theme? if not try it there and see if it has the issue as well.

Totosfo

Hi Illori,

indeed this seems to be Theme-related.

Switching to default theme: working
Switching to board standard theme: problem as described
then unticking the "extended option": sub-posting options are not displayed at all, the mentioned errors occur immediately:

HTML1502: Unerwarteter DOCTYPE. Nur ein DOCTYPE ist zulässig, und er muss vor allen Elementen stehen.
sollte-wieder-laufen (221,10)

HTML1513: Zusätzliche "<html>-Markierung gefunden. Pro Dokument sollte nur eine "<html>"-Markierung vorhanden sein.
sollte-wieder-laufen (222,1)

HTML1503: Unerwartete Startmarkierung.
sollte-wieder-laufen (222,7)

HTML1512: Endmarkierung ohne Entsprechung.
sollte-wieder-laufen (224,1)

HTML1514: Zusätzliche "<body>-Markierung gefunden. Pro Dokument sollte nur eine "<body>"-Markierung vorhanden sein.

Tried in my prelive env (same modified copy): is working, none of the errors shows up. Maybe I skipped a tiny modification there.

I'll create a copy under a different name and will move it to production.

One more questions: roughly where would I find the html code for the submenu (which throws the errors)?

Thanks again for your help!
Cheers,

Thomas

Totosfo

Hi,

quick update:

I copied over the (working) template from my prelive environment and set my user to use the new copied template.

Result: cannot upload attachments

Post.php in prod and prelive are identical. Very strange...
Cheers,

Thomas

Totosfo

Apologies, had to post again as I cannot add attachments when editing a previous post. I promise that now I will wait for a reply before posting again. 

Maybe this is the root cause:

When hovering over the "additional options" link, it points to sending a new post/answer. If I do the same in my prelive environment, this is not the case.

So is it possible that just the action triggered is incorrect? Instead of opening the menu the post is sent - or another incorrect action is triggered.

I've attached a screenshot, hope that helps.
Cheers,

Thomas

Arantor

What template did you copy? The errors seem to be related to index.template.php...

Totosfo

Hi Arantor,

thank you for your answer.

I have a copy (I call it prelive) of my forum for testing new mods before I install them.

It is using exactly the same template as in prod. So I copied the folder containing the theme from prelive to prod and installed it via "install theme from directory". Before doing so, I amended the template name in the xml file so I can distinguish them.

Result: working in prelive, not working in prod.

While playing around with both environments, I noticed that when hovering over the "extended options" link shows a link in the bottom status bar of my browser whereas this is not the case in prelive.

A complete switch to curve is not an option at the moment as my theme is responsive (however I just noticed that there is some kind of responsive addon for curve). My theme is quite similar apart from the responsive part.

Cheers,

Thomas

Advertisement: