News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Double links appear in the logs

Started by jsx, November 08, 2019, 02:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hi,

I noticed in the logs that a double link appears. A double link appears in the logs of the banned user and in the logs from Tapatalk. It looks like a mistake.

Illori

is this issue only happening in the error log? this issue is not happening in your browsers address bar?

jsx

This issue only occurs in logs. A double link appears in the logs of the banned user and in the logs from Tapatalk.

Arantor

This has been seen before as a Tapatalk bug.

Kindred

yup....    tapatalk bypasses standard SMF stuff and uses their own -- this is bad because 1- several times, we have made security patches that never made it into Tapatalk and 2- they force the double load of some functions which would be better served by using SMF's standard, internal functions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

I understand, I will report this issue to Tapatalk. And what about displaying a double link in the log from banned users? This double link is not from Tapatalk.

Arantor

It's not 'displaying a double link', that's the link the user actually used. Some bad bots can't get this fairly simple concept correct.

jsx

Some spambots have been banned in the forum, so it's these spambots enter the wrong address, right?

Arantor

Yes. But it can also happen with Tapatalk.

jsx

Advertisement: