News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't delete error logs and other issues

Started by sky23, November 10, 2019, 05:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sky23

hi all, can't delete error logs anymore, Token verification failed....
also all other logs, same issue.
Token verification failed also pops up by some other events, like creating a second admin

appreciate any help

Arantor

Bigguy

It might be an old copy. Did you get it from this site or GitHub ??

sky23

installation/upgrade was from here. it came out of the blue, no mods installed before..no nothing

Arantor

Log out, log back in again, still same problem?

Illori

do you get this error in other sections of the admin panel as well or just in the error log?

are you the host or is someone else the host?

sky23

In most other Sections as well, it looks like. Can't create a second admin and other things

Arantor

How are you trying to create a second admin exactly?

sky23

Just tried to disable error logging, Token verification failed again.

New User Registration failed also with "Token verification failed"

Registration>>Register New Member....>>>...Token Verification failed...

sky23

No, i', not at a own Server, 1and1 is my host

Illori

i had a similar issue on my localhost install. the fix is easy but temporary. best fix is go find a new host as 1and1 is not a good host and you may run into more issues in the future.

related issue i had submitted to github, it ended up being a php bug
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5787#issuecomment-526772812

sky23

mhhh, maybe a good idea to change the hoster.
could i simply do a new install over the old rc2?
but as you mentioned, seems to be a php version issue, i'm on 7.3 with 1and1

Illori

i don't think a clean install over what you have will fix this issue. cant hurt to try but you may end in the same spot and looking for a new host.

sky23

Mhhh, it looks like that this CleanTalk Plugin is causing this all. I am in contact with them, second time now, but they couldn't find anything at first.. (CleanTalk response:These errors are related to SMF CMS, we can't reproduce them)

Tons of these errors, all with different php Lines.
8: Undefined index: cleantalk_check_personal_messages
http://xxx.xxx.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send2
/homepages/16/d347899/htdocs/clickandbuilds/SMF/MyCollaboration/Sources/cleantalk/cleantalkMod.php (Line 522)

To uninstall seems possible, but somehow this plugin stays active.

Kindred

Did they update their code-base for 2.1 RC versions?

Most external parties are not going to update until 2.1 goes final and I suspect that differences in 2.0 vs 2.1 may be causing your issues...   especially, as it seems that (possibly) CleanTalk , like Tapatalk has duplicated SMF functions in their own mod code base instead of using core SMF functions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sky23

I have no idea, but i should have a response again, i hope, within the next 48 hours

L2Scarlet

Disable error_logs in your forum database settings and login to your admin :)
I have the same problem, I'm using the SMF 2.1 RC2 crap from froum>downloads. I found that I need to install the SMF 2.1 git version after I installed from website :\

* I was updated today all my SMF forums from PHP 7.0 to PHP 7.1 or even 7.2 and I got again 55/55 number of processes on a shared webserver with 2GB RAM, I had max. 13/55 processes on PHP 7.0 with same forums for months... and now PHP 7.0 is EOL on 1 Dec. This is the end of SMF for me I think, I don't like the situation but unfortunately .. it is. :(

There's a lot to work on this forum it will take years and always on low PHP version.. now PHP is EOL every year.. Srsly I think I'll give up and I'll migrate to WP forum (WP is always on latest PHP version and automatically updated) Sorry but that's the situation.

Arantor

By "crap" you mean "pre-release version" that works on current PHP versions... and removing the error log as you suggest just means you don't know about any real problems you actually have.

But sure, have fun with WordPress.

Advertisement: