News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't delete error logs and other issues

Started by sky23, November 10, 2019, 05:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L2Scarlet

There are a lot of things which I don't like on SMF like, pure SEO, you'll have to recreate the whole design starting from body tag till the end, not stable for my environment anymore, and a lot more..
Sorry but this is only my opinion. For who want a forum to work on it daily or weekly yes maybe is good but for me is not. That why I said crap..

Arantor

Your opinion is duly noted, but I suspect you'll find all of the free forum options to have similar issues, certainly that was my experience with WordPress to the point I took a pay cut to not work with it in my career as a web developer...

m4z

Quote from: L2Scarlet on November 13, 2019, 01:32:48 PM
Disable error_logs in your forum database settings and login to your admin :)

Please stop spreading this nonsense. And please stop hijacking the threads of other people only to then fill them with your off-topic rants.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

sky23

Little Update or response from my Hoster 1and1, no idea if this is a SMF core issue or else, i'm not fit with databases.

This is an update with regards to your concern about the database not working properly for your domain xxx.xxx.com.

As per checking in your settings.php, it seems like the database driver that you are using ($db_type = 'mysql';) is not compatible with higher PHP versions i.e PHP version 7.2. You can downgrade the PHP version to 7.0 and below but the problem is you will be paying PHP extended support if you do that. But you can try changing $db_type = 'mysql'; to $db_type = 'mysqli'; and check if it would work.

Illori

they don't know what they are talking about. mysqli is supported through mysql in SMF.

sky23

1and1 Support repeating their kind of views, why these issues:

> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we do not know the previous configuration of your website. And also, we are not developers here at 1and1 IONOS, have you tried changing the mysql to mysqli? That might resolve the issue.

and:

Thank you for contacting us.
Please get in touch with your developers on how to update mysql to mysqli under the settings.php where your database information is stored for the website xxx.xxx.com.

Little Update about these CleanTalk errors from the dev's there as well:
We've activated the plugin and there are no errors at the moment. Please, do not disable the plugin and let us know if there are any errors.

There is some issue with deactivating the plugin on the new version of SMF. We are working on a fix for removing a plugin.

Looks like everything comes together..Life...

Right now it seems the tons of errors stopping, but still the issues that some parts, like removing the error logs, or create new admin's or else, Token verification errors still...

Any recommendations for a other Hoster?

And my Mysql dump with PHPmyAdmin seems also pretty small, only 5mb..., what is theoretically not possible, for a board with 1200 members and all postings etc...

Advertisement: