News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Number of member instead of nickname visible

Started by Portugal, November 13, 2019, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portugal

Hi all,

Its possibile to change for default mode, the visible nickname was the number of registration instead of real nickname? If member wants must go to profile and chose their nickname be public!
I think thats a good option, for sure makes members participate even more!

Thanks
Portugal

Arantor

That's actually quite a big change assuming you want to do it everywhere?

Portugal

Thanks for your support,

Well, if that change be effective just on posts and replly thats good for me! Ive used one mod to make some boards anonimous, but i want some identification, and the number of member was the best for my situation.

Quote from: Arantor on November 13, 2019, 05:17:41 PM
That's actually quite a big change assuming you want to do it everywhere?

Dzonny

I believe that something like changing themes/your_theme/Display.template.php file with:
$message['member']['id']
Wherever you find username or name is taken, like:
$message['member']['username']
or
$message['member']['name']

Or something alike.

But as Arantor said, it's quite big change if you want to anonymize users, for example their avatars, profile links etc.

Arantor

Yes but that doesn't do the "user sets an option to show their name" option...

Portugal

Thanks,

Well, i think your code can solve in part my problem, in fact i just want to makes it possibile for my members, its a forum for legal questions (Laws) and for my public its interesant to permit to chose... and by default anonimize the nick name!
Other situation and very usegul for forums (my opinion) its to anonimize the nickname for visitors! When member get registred and part of forum, it can see the nicknames! What you think on that second situation?

Very thanks for your help!

Regards
Portugal

Quote from: Dzonny on November 14, 2019, 09:26:47 AM
I believe that something like changing themes/your_theme/Display.template.php file with:
$message['member']['id']
Wherever you find username or name is taken, like:
$message['member']['username']
or
$message['member']['name']

Or something alike.

But as Arantor said, it's quite big change if you want to anonymize users, for example their avatars, profile links etc.

Portugal

Thanks, i will go to try your sugestion Illori!

Advertisement: