News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Errors in server log

Started by Tonyvic, November 14, 2019, 05:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyvic

On a recent install of 2.0.15 I have hundreds of the following errors in the server log:
[/home/********/public_html/family/Themes/default/css/firefox.css]
[/home/********/public_html/family/Themes/default/css/print.css]
They don't appear to affect the forum in any way, but any help to prevent them will be appreciated.

Bigguy

Would you please be able to post the entire error message from the logs in admin panel. This will help us help you. :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Post the complete error.  Those are not core files.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Tonyvic

Thanks for the quick response guys, there are no errors in the Admin panel error log.
They are in my Cpanel error page, I guess I have to ask elsewhere then?

Arantor

Does it tell you what the issue is? Is it saying 404?

What theme are you using?

Tonyvic

Hi Arantor, it looks like it is the 'Thanksgiving' theme I'm using as it doesn't produce any errors with 'Curve'.
Should I post in the support topic for the theme, or can you help?

Full errors in Cpanel error log:
2019-11-14 23:20:17.210127 [INFO] [3818521] [81.111.**.***:49164:HTTP2-151] File not found [/home/********/public_html/family/Themes/default/css/firefox.css]
2019-11-14 23:20:17.207744 [INFO] [3818521] [81.111.**.***:49164:HTTP2-149] File not found [/home/********/public_html/family/Themes/default/css/print.css]

Arantor

I'd just create empty files in the default theme with those names.

Tonyvic

So easy when you know how. Many thanks, no more errors. :)

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Arantor on November 14, 2019, 06:34:07 PM
I'd just create empty files in the default theme with those names.

I would guess that a legitimate copy of those files exist in the theme's css directory, keep an eye on your smf error you may get some theme errors with blank .css files... then again, blank files probably wouldn't cause errors, but your theme may act wanky though

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: