News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem with updating

Started by daddyBS, November 17, 2019, 07:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyBS

Yesterday I installed SMF to my website and I tried to change background of the forum ( I use Boru theme ) but it didn't work, it was again showing default background, Then i gone to website throught my phone and i saw that background is there, on my computer it is not but on mobile phone or any other device that is not previously gone on the site it is. Also, i put a banner on site ( at the bottom ) and i gone to site via Google Chrome and it wasn't there but i opened Windows Edge and gone to site and banner was there. I dont now what is happening, cache is not updating or? Somebody can help me please? Thanks! ( Sorry for my bad english )

Arantor

daddyBS

Quote from: Arantor on November 17, 2019, 07:53:50 AM
Link to site?
www.extreme-rpg.com [nofollow]
You will see this banner because this is your first time on site

Arantor

So first up, there is a cache in the browser for the CSS on the page, and Chrome in particular is terrible about not clearing that out when it should.

Regarding your banner, I don't know where you uploaded it to, but both Themes/default/images/eglogo.png and Themes/Boru/images/eglogo.png don't exist. The footer banner works as it was uploaded somewhere else.

Your site is trying to use Font Awesome (at least, the theme is) but it can't be loaded because you seem to have some issue with CORS configuration (you should ask your webhost about this).

Not sure what other issues there are vs what I'm seeing but those two are the big ones.

daddyBS

There was also a problem, my logo didn't work ( actually just on Chrome but i didn't knew that ) and then i opened css file in admin menu and in preview i actually saw my logo and my banner, i uploaded again these files. Is there any fix for this for chrome or not, thanks!

Arantor

Now you've put the file in, the banner works as expected. To fix the fonts that should be making symbols/icons in your site, you probably need to talk to your host.

daddyBS

But what about other changes, like this:
I uploaded this banner like you see and i see it on windows edge:

But on google chrome not:

Is there any way to fix it, is there any fix to update css cache on chrome instantly like edge?

lurkalot

I'm seeing two of those banners at the bottom in Chrome, did you add it twice?

daddyBS

Quote from: lurkalot on November 17, 2019, 09:51:01 AM
Yes, I was testing something but i'm asking for updating cache for css in google chrome, on my PC, banners wont load on google chrome

Arantor

They both load fine for me using Google Chrome. (You have two copies of the banner code. Previously you only had one, and it loaded successfully for me.)

Best chance of getting it to deal with cache: go into the browser inspector, go to the network tab, tick 'disable cache' and then press Ctrl-F5.

lurkalot

Quote from: daddyBS on November 17, 2019, 10:29:06 AM
Yes, I was testing something but i'm asking for updating cache for css in google chrome, on my PC, banners wont load on google chrome

I was viewing them on Google Chrome.

daddyBS

Quote from: Arantor on November 17, 2019, 10:53:54 AM
They both load fine for me using Google Chrome. (You have two copies of the banner code. Previously you only had one, and it loaded successfully for me.)

Best chance of getting it to deal with cache: go into the browser inspector, go to the network tab, tick 'disable cache' and then press Ctrl-F5.
I don't know but i think only i have this problem, i told my firend to go on this website and refresh it every time i made a change, he sees that changes, i don't, i actually dont see those banners on google chrome, i dont think there is a fix but thanks guys, you reply really fast :D, if somebody has fix, please reply ;)

Arantor

Well, you've now had three different people tell you that it works - maybe the problem is with your computer, not with your site.

daddyBS

Quote from: Arantor on November 17, 2019, 01:33:20 PM
Well, you've now had three different people tell you that it works - maybe the problem is with your computer, not with your site.
I'll try to get used to the new one browser :D, i don't know what is happening to chrome, there is no way that Microsoft Edge is better than it :D
Thank you guys especially Arantor for veeeery fast reply, thank you bro ;)

daddyBS

Well, here i am again :D
There was no problem with Chrome, when i'm not logged in ( in my admin profile ) i can see banners but when i'm logged in i can't.
Is there any fix for this :D

Arantor

Well, how did you put the banners in?

daddyBS

Quote from: Arantor on November 17, 2019, 04:58:37 PM
Well, how did you put the banners in?
I dont know hahahh, i just see banners when im not logged in but dont see when im logged in my admin acc

Arantor

If you don't know how you did it, we can't possibly help you.

daddyBS

Quote from: Arantor on November 18, 2019, 02:58:02 PM
If you don't know how you did it, we can't possibly help you.
I use mod package, "Ad Management"

daddyBS

Problem fixed, thanks, just stupid thing in settings ;)

Advertisement: