News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrading from SMF 1.1.2 to which version?

Started by Bashar, November 19, 2019, 08:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bashar

Hello,
I've acquired a gaming website which has a forum running SMF 1.1.2 and it's integrated with the main gaming website authentication (which is running django)

I'm sure SMF 1.1.2 is outdated and has tons of security risks, I was wondering what would be the best option here? do SMF 1.1.2 to latest 1.1.x then 2.0.x then 2.1.x? or 1.1.x then to 2.1.x?

Thanks

Dzonny

Hello there,

2.1 is our beta release, and should not be runned on production sites, so I wouldn't recommend upgrading to 2.1 branch.
2.0.x is the place to go though.

Please take a look at the Upgrading SMF documentation, and let us know if you have additional questions. :)

Kindred

you will have to find an update integration however.... because the integration for 1.1.x is different from 2.0.x (which is also different from 2.1.x)

So, depending on how the integration is designed, you might break it when you upgrade the forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

The integration shouldn't be vastly different between 1.1 and 2.0 but we will need more information as to how it is built to be able to help.

Bashar

Thanks, everyone for your kind responses.

As I have acquired this site with its forum, where do I look for the changed file(s) that handles authentication (external auth basically) to see how it's handled and if it breaks i know what to look at when fixing it?

Best Regards,
Bashar

Arantor

Sources/LogInOut.php is possibly where it is though depending on how the integration was done it might not be there.

Advertisement: