News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Warning panel

Started by Dave J, November 19, 2019, 12:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

Evening all,

Could someone tell me how I managed to install/code the Warning! box you see in the attachment please? As you can see it on the main site login page

I have searched all my posts for recent years and I cannot find how I did that...and i can't find a mod that did it either.

Any help is much appreciated.

PS: I have done a text search through all the sites backup files and still cant find the text in any template.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Shambles

Quote from: davejo...i can't find a mod that did it either ...

So what mods do you have?

Arantor

Not even in Login.template.php ?

Dave J

Thanks for the quick replies guys

Well the odd thing is it's actually a part of an SMF template...but which one I have no idea. I don't know why but I thought it was in a language file...it still might be yet.

The way you would see it is if you go into Admin, Features & Options, General

Then untick 'Allow guests to browse the forum' the help next to it says

QuoteUnchecking this box will stop guests from doing anything but very basic actions - login, register, password reminder, etc. - on your forum. This is not the same as disallowing guest access to boards.

So when you untick the box then logout you are presented with the Warning box.

So I found that but not where the text is.

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Illori

as stated above, it should be in the Login.template.php file unless a mod was installed that somehow changed this. of course it could also be in a language file depending on how it was added.

nidec

Try Admin, membergroups,  edit membergroup

Illori

Quote from: nidec on November 19, 2019, 05:08:05 PM
Try Admin, membergroups,  edit membergroup

that has nothing at all to do with the issue the op is talking about.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's in Login.english.php.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dave J

Thanks everyone forvthe replies

Dave J

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 19, 2019, 05:50:31 PM
It's in Login.english.php.

Yep thats where I found it, thank you Sir Osis

Advertisement: