Database corrupted and language setting causes trouble to index fonts

Started by Kiriakos GR, November 20, 2019, 11:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiriakos GR

My host moved to a new dedicated server with out him be able to get Cpanel stored settings due a financial dispute.

I was had to deal with Server root directory changes and I did fix these problems.
Now I have to deal with CWP Panel that is unfriendly but cheaper.

By trying to restore database backup made my SMF due the PHPAdmin module, I think that some sort of Database keys corruption occurred, this now causing display issues at Greek fonts at Index page.
I can see only question marks ( after the Greek text gets saved), when now I am trying to edit the text, this is also converted to question-marks.

My forum this using single language En-us but Greek fonts they are also previewed with out issues and I did a specific board just for Greeks.

Currently I have fresh SMF files after three attempts with SMF 2.0.15 large package upgrage, even tried SMF 2.0.15  install, which even this did not helped at the fonts issue.

Hooks removed, all mods uninstalled, I did everything by the book, now I have run out of ideas.

Is there any chance to be transferred in the form of database backup restoration just the healthy language-settings-keys from another SMF install to another?

Kiriakos GR

I am also facing and another issue may be relevant or not?

I am getting : Forbidden 
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

When I am trying to edit My Community »  Administration Center »  News and Newsletters »  News ( my own written messages)

Sir Osis of Liver

Are you using utf-8?  If you used the admin backup utility, the database dump may be damaged or incomplete.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

1st issue: COnfirm that your database is UTF-8 and that all tables are UTF-8 and that all columns are UTF-8

2nd issue... tel your host to turn OFF mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kiriakos GR

I did use SMF (Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters)  =  The maintenance task 'Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters' was executed successfully.
Even so,  the problem remains.

2nd issue... tel your host to turn OFF mod_security = I will do. 

At my host plan I did request and using PHP5.6

Kiriakos GR

Is any specific database line which I should inspect for issues regarding  index.php  language and fonts ?

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on November 20, 2019, 11:59:30 AM
Confirm that your database is UTF-8 and that all tables are UTF-8 and that all columns are UTF-8

I didn't say run the convert from inside SMF.   Look at your actual database, tables and columns.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kiriakos GR

I did inspect database and server.
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Collation - utf8_general_ci

Any way I got saved by an old database backup this made 15 days ago due Cpanel.
This it did imported by PHP Admin -> successfully.  :)

CWP panel : Home Mysql Manager : seems to have issues with the tools:   Check database or repair database, nothing works, it does start to execute the task but it does return with unknown error.

I will mark this topic solved.
Thanks.

Arantor

You didn't inspect the tables, it's entirely possible to have tables and even individual columns different to the server or connection. And it's entirely possible for the connection and server to differ.

Advertisement: