Need help converting back from MyBB to SMF

Started by musicus, November 21, 2019, 12:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicus

In my forum a few people have me after a crash of my SMF forum to change it to MyBB, which I consider now as a big mistake, because I am dependent with every update on help. At SMF I could do most of the work on my own and the mod management is much more portable. At MyBB everything has to be uploaded via FTP and the language files have to be inserted individually.

In the meantime I have seen that there is a conversion mod that allows you to switch from MyBB 1.8.x to the current SMF. Since I don't know much about this matter, I really need help.
To the forum: It has quite many and large attachments, which have to be transferred as well.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

musicus

Thanks @vbgamer45, I need someone to help me. I am primarily a musician and do the forum as a hobby and unfortunately have no idea about these things. And if it goes wrong, 7 years of work are gone. I would be also a small sum to pay

m4z

"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Dzonny

Quote from: musicus on November 21, 2019, 02:49:37 AM
Thanks @vbgamer45, I need someone to help me. I am primarily a musician and do the forum as a hobby and unfortunately have no idea about these things. And if it goes wrong, 7 years of work are gone. I would be also a small sum to pay

What would also be wise is to recreate current setup and try to convert it off-production site, just in case anything goes wrong. Backup is a must ofc. :)
I'm sending you a pm if you need a hand.

Matthias

Converting is the one thing. The Database shoud not be the problem.
The other thing is the theme site and maybe modifications.
Quality first

Advertisement: