News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

coverage issue detected

Started by sirfpsycho, December 01, 2019, 02:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Well, the first half of the list is working as implemented, you have disallowed all the action URLs so they're showing up as "we used to have these, now we don't because blocked".

The topic one is a bit trickier and depends on whether you're using "search engine friendly" URLs in SMF or not, whether that topic was previously public or not and a few other things.

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Arantor on December 01, 2019, 03:12:20 AM
Well, the first half of the list is working as implemented, you have disallowed all the action URLs so they're showing up as "we used to have these, now we don't because blocked".

The topic one is a bit trickier and depends on whether you're using "search engine friendly" URLs in SMF or not, whether that topic was previously public or not and a few other things.

Do I need to allow /*action ?? I installed optimus plugin and it automatically created robots.txt
I have not much idea abbout smf so I don't know should I allow action or not.

Yes I am using url friendly option enabled.

Arantor

The better question is why you think you need it. 99% of pages under action= are in fact not useful to search engines and just clutter up the index, like profile pages, calendar, tags etc.

No board or topic uses that style of URL so you can leave action= alone and it'll be fine.

As for the other case... the fact you have URL friendly option enabled means your URLs will be /topic,1.0.html rather than /index.php?topic=1.0 and that will fix itself over time to get rid of the old entries.

sirfpsycho

Actually google webtools gives issue that is why I want to fix it. Because It can affect rank of my website.

Regarding seo friendly url, it is enabled. Please check this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/q4ld36

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Not all issues in webmaster tools are actual issues, they are just notifications of things that may be wrong, or might have changed, or might have an impact on the indexing of your pages. Seeing an issue, is not an issue in itself.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

QuoteRegarding seo friendly url, it is enabled.

Yes, I know. It means you get URLs like topic,1.0.html rather than topic=1.0. It was useful 15 years ago when search engines were not as smart as they are now, but if you think this setting gets you nice URLs, it doesn't.

sirfpsycho

Thanks Aleksi for confirmation.

@Arantor, So my website has not url friendly url? How can I get url friendly url?

Arantor

Your web site has URLs that are just fine. You don't need to change anything.

Advertisement: