16777215 members cant register new member

Started by comesee, December 02, 2019, 02:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comesee

it stop register new member after reaching 16777215  why

Illori

as we have told you many times in the past unless you have restored your copyright, we will not be providing you support.

comesee

Illori

no you do not have our copyright. you only have your portal copyright present.

comesee

Illori

then provide the link where you have the SMF copyright present.

Arantor

Firstly, unless you get something in writing from your members, you don't have the copyright on their posts. You definitely don't have the copyright on SMF itself, because you're not the Simple Machines organisation.

But if you assert you have copyright on 'the software on your site', then me helping you fix it could actually violate copyright law in helping you since I would have to do things on a piece of code I wasn't legally allowed to modify.

But I will answer your first question, why does it stop at 16777215? Because that's a limit of SMF. Fixing it requires masses of work and I'm not able to work on your copyrighted work, obviously, I'm only able to work on SMF's copyrighted work which is licensed to me and you.

SpacePhoenix

Quote from: Arantor on December 02, 2019, 03:23:59 PM
Firstly, unless you get something in writing from your members, you don't have the copyright on their posts. You definitely don't have the copyright on SMF itself, because you're not the Simple Machines organisation.

But if you assert you have copyright on 'the software on your site', then me helping you fix it could actually violate copyright law in helping you since I would have to do things on a piece of code I wasn't legally allowed to modify.

But I will answer your first question, why does it stop at 16777215? Because that's a limit of SMF. Fixing it requires masses of work and I'm not able to work on your copyrighted work, obviously, I'm only able to work on SMF's copyrighted work which is licensed to me and you.
Just needs the relevant field changing from MEDIUMINT unsigned to INT unsigned. The OP has reached the limit for unsigned values in a MEDIUMINT field

Gary

Sure, once you've placed back the SMF copyright notice. We're not going to provide support to you until you do. That's what Illori has said, as have many others.

I can take a look as to why we can't see it, if you attach your theme's index.template.php.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Gary

Also, don't make duplicate topics. I deleted your second one.
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Arantor

Quote from: SpacePhoenix on December 02, 2019, 04:18:14 PM
Just needs the relevant field changing from MEDIUMINT unsigned to INT unsigned. The OP has reached the limit for unsigned values in a MEDIUMINT field

No, it needs a variety of changes beyond that, not just that, but also the fact that you're actively encouraging people who flout the SMF licence requirements and potentially code changes for a few of them as well.

comesee

Gary

I *do* see a copyright for Simple Portal, I *do not* see a copyright for SMF itself. They are two separate notices, and both of them have to exist.
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Shambles

You guys are wasting your breath.

This contretemps has been going on for years with this member, who refuses to acknowledge the effort provided [for free] by the SMF collective.

Kindred

ummmm....
on that site.... rhemuthcastle.com
Total Members: 332

on your OTHER site - thisglobe.com
Total Members: 4773119

I might add....   the thisglobe site is horribly slashed and tacked together as far as coding goes
and it looks like you removed the copyright as we said -- but forgot bits, leaving closing tags in palce after removing the opening tags.

eesh...    really, dude...  get a clue.  Either put the copyright back (AND LEAVE IT THERE) or stop asking for support.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bynw

Kindred

Rotflmao......   because he tried to pass your site off as his thinking that we are not capable of looking at historical posts to figure out what site is actually his.

Btw, I love Katherine kurtz's books.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

m4z

Quote from: comesee on December 02, 2019, 02:39:25 PM
it stop register new member after reaching 16777215  why

Delete your least favorite user.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Advertisement: