16777215 members cant register new member

Started by comesee, December 02, 2019, 02:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpacePhoenix

Quote from: Arantor on December 02, 2019, 04:57:23 PM
Quote from: SpacePhoenix on December 02, 2019, 04:18:14 PM
Just needs the relevant field changing from MEDIUMINT unsigned to INT unsigned. The OP has reached the limit for unsigned values in a MEDIUMINT field

No, it needs a variety of changes beyond that, not just that, but also the fact that you're actively encouraging people who flout the SMF licence requirements and potentially code changes for a few of them as well.
It's no different from what it would be if they'd asked on Stack Overflow

Arantor

I have a policy of a digital form of "do no harm", though.

AlanDewey

Hey comesee....  thanks for the laughs   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What is your site? An automated scraper ? 

I looked at one user, he made 21,000 posts in one month ??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Causing lots of electrons to push each other around since 1985.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That would be what, roughly one every 2 minutes 247.... rough job.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

comesee

i cant put it back.i dont know how it got block. there is copyright on thisglobe.com

Illori

we have offered you assistance MANY times in putting the copyright back. you just need to provide us with your index.template.php file and we will fix it. you have never provided the file so we cannot fix it for you.

if you can provide it we can assist you further.

Arantor

comesee

i dont have access to the index.template file anymore

Illori

that file is required to make your forum run. if you cannot access it on your server then we cannot help you fix your issue as you would need access to your files to fix the issue anyway.

Illori

that does not help us fix your issue. you need access to your forums files on the server. if you cannot provide us with your index.template.php file then this topic will be locked as we will not provide you further support due to the missing copyright.

comesee

i am going to close down the website,if you dont help

Arantor

Honestly, that's not our problem. If you can close the website, you have access to the files, therefore you have the ability to solve this.

m4z

Quote from: comesee on December 03, 2019, 02:24:26 PM
i cant put it back.i dont know how it got block. there is copyright on thisglobe.com

Your english skills seem to be very limited. Is there any other language you speak? You could try the support board of that language.

So you say it is there, but it isn't there?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Arantor

He's arguing that the copyright is his because it's his site. This isn't a new debate.

m4z

Quote from: comesee on December 03, 2019, 03:24:00 PM
i am going to close down the website,if you dont help

Do you understand that everybody here is volunteering their help?
Do you also understand that we will only help you on the condition that you put the SMF copyright footer back in your forum?
If you do, restoring the copyright footer should be your top priority.

Do you have problems with your top priority?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

To summarize

- The OP has a "problem", from a limitation in SMF that normally pretty much no one would ever hit...
- The problem could probably be circumvented, but requires (among other things) access to edit the files
- We require the SMF copyright notice to be reinstated before we help at all
- The OP says they have no access to the files anymore
- No access to the files means we are unable to help even if we wanted to

-> This is going nowhere, and I am almost ready to just lock this topic.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

AlanDewey

Here is the domain name registration info:

-edit- snip. This doesn't add anything to the topic.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Causing lots of electrons to push each other around since 1985.

Advertisement: