No moderators found error.

Started by SMiFFER, December 03, 2019, 06:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

I have just seen something very odd!

Upon attempting to report a post I saw above error.
But how come? I would assume, at least the sysop would be reachable?!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Sir Osis of Liver

Report to moderator should work if there's an admin.  Anything in error log?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

If your profile is set to not get emails for reports, and you are the only moderator or administrator you get that error.

SMiFFER

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 03, 2019, 06:31:03 PM
No. Nothing about that in the error log.

Quote from: Illori on December 03, 2019, 08:03:36 PM
If your profile is set to not get emails for reports, and you are the only moderator or administrator you get that error.
Where is that setting in my 2.0.15 please? I have not found it.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Illori

profile -> notifications For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of:

SMiFFER

Thanks, found it.

But I could technically be a moderator of a board where I have not subscribed every thread for notification, right?

Illori

you dont need to be subscribed, but you need to set to notified of moderation.

SMiFFER

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 03, 2019, 06:31:03 PM

My issue with the optional settings is that there is only 'replies AND moderation'.
And I do certainly NOT want an email for each and every post. Only reports!!

But when I switch that off, the users get the described error.

Is there really no other way?

Illori

i think it should work if you set it as moderation only if i started the topic. although i have not tested it.

also it will not auto notify you about posts or topics unless you have boards/topics on your watch list.

SMiFFER

Then I also get 1 email for every reply that is added to the thread - not desired.

Advertisement: