News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"Sent Items" database error

Started by Ali_, December 06, 2019, 12:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali_

Hi everyone,

I get the following error whenever I go to my PMs and click on "Sent Items" to see what I have already sent to other users:

DATABASE ERROR:

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'mysmfwebsite.pm.id_pm' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
File: /var/www/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 700

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Not sure what the problem is, or how to solve.  Anyone come across this issue or have a fix?

SpacePhoenix

Your host has probably upgraded MySQL to a newer version. MySQL has various "strict mode" settings, you've falled foul of the group by strict setting.

Have a look for a line in my.ini (MySQL's configuration file) that looks similar to:

Quotesql-mode="ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Remove the:

QuoteONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY

from that line (don't forget to remove any excess , ), save, then reboot the server

Advertisement: