News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error updating SMF 2.0.13 to version 2.0.14 update

Started by Chti45, March 17, 2019, 04:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chti45

Warning
"Error installing the package
At least one error was encountered during an installation test of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue to install unless you are sure of what you are doing and that you have very recently made a backup copy of your forum and database. This error can be caused by, among other things, a conflict with the package you are trying to install and another package you have previously installed, an error in the package itself, a package that requires another package that you do not have. not yet installed, or a package written for another version of SMF. "

I do not know how to update without losing my forum.
I'm adding a screenshot

Sir Osis of Liver

Click on the icon left side of error, it will display target and replacement code.  You can manually do the edit in Subs.php, then proceed with the package install.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Chti45

Sir Osis of Liver

Just do what it says.  In /Sources/Subs.php find this -

// Sets up the basic theme context stuff.
function setupThemeContext($forceload = false)
{
global $modSettings, $user_info, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $maintenance;
global $user_settings, $smcFunc;

Change it to this -

// Sets up the basic theme context stuff.
function setupThemeContext($forceload = false)
{
global $modSettings, $user_info, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $maintenance;
global $user_settings, $smcFunc, $boardurl, $image_proxy_enabled, $image_proxy_secret;

The target code may have been edited by a mod, that's why package manager can't find it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Chti45

It seems simple. but I will see with my webmaster

Advertisement: