Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Forum won't load

Started by Jade Elizabeth, December 06, 2019, 06:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

I get a 500 error when I try to access my forum

and this in error_log

[06-Dec-2019 23:43:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /<removed>/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:58
Stack trace:
#0 <removed>/Sources/Load.php(2889): smf_db_initiate(<removed db login info>)
#1 <removed>/index.php(69): loadDatabase()
#2 {main}
  thrown in <removed>/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 58

http://creativeburrow.jades-world.com/

The DB info is correct. It was fine last year lol.
Please assist :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Shambles

What version of PHP are you now on?

Jade Elizabeth

7 I think :)

I'd really like to avoid losing custom code if possible. Doing a large update will destroy a lot of functionality on the site and I was hoping to keep it up a little longer for people to get their stuff down from it.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

Shambles

Herman's Mixen

if your on SMF 2.0.15 and in your webhosting control panel you set your php version back to 7.0 does that help, or ask your host if they can downgrade php just for your site :P
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Shambles on December 06, 2019, 07:18:43 PM
SMF version?

Honestly I have no idea! ha ha ha

My settings file says 2.0 Beta 4.  :-X :-[ O:)
My index file says 2.0.13....which file should I be looking at? ha ha

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on December 06, 2019, 07:20:34 PM
if your on SMF 2.0.15 and in your webhosting control panel you set your php version back to 7.0 does that help, or ask your host if they can downgrade php just for your site :P

I could do this except it's a subdomain not an addondomain so I can't actually do it.

Sir Osis of Liver

What else are you running?  If you haven't made any major changes in last year or so, everything should work in php 7.0, probably even in 5.6.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Jade Elizabeth

There is something that requires php 7 at the least, I can't for the life of me remember what it is. It could be Wordpress or my other SMF forum :/.

The problem is I have extensive edits to show story and series information so I can't just overwrite it and it's such a monster I'd rather die than manually change it ha ha. This is why it died in the first place it was too big to maintain and then Facebook and Reddit and other social networks became preferred for stories and stuff.

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't know why you're getting that error.  $db_type in Settings.php should be 'mysql'.  Subs-Db-mysql.php contains three calls to mysql_connect(), it doesn't appear anywhere else in core code.  Have you checked the file?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

does your host give you the ability to change php version to something lower then 7? if so do that and then upgrade to 2.0.15, then you can run php 7.1.

otherwise it is a bit difficult to get you upgraded to 2.0.15 manually.

Dave J

Quote from: Illori on December 07, 2019, 04:55:47 AM
does your host give you the ability to change php version to something lower then 7? if so do that and then upgrade to 2.0.15, then you can run php 7.1.

If you can't revert the php through your host then try to either rename the current .htaccess file (if you can see it) and upload the one I have attached or just upload the one I've attached to the public/html folder and see if that helps as a temp measure.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: davejo on December 08, 2019, 03:16:01 AM
Quote from: Illori on December 07, 2019, 04:55:47 AM

If you can't revert the php through your host then try to either rename the current .htaccess file (if you can see it) and upload the one I have attached or just upload the one I've attached to the public/html folder and see if that helps as a temp measure.

Oh wow will that work? :D

I kind of gave up because I didn't want to downgrade php, but I also can't upgrade one of those forums. I figured I'd have to get a new account or something. I just wanted to run it for a year so people could get their work off it.

SpacePhoenix

The missing function is part of the old mysql_* extension which was REMOVED in PHP 7.0 so to get rid of that error you must downgrade your PHP version to 5.6

Advertisement: