News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error! Unknown column 'eventDate' in 'where clause'

Started by backend, December 07, 2019, 07:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backend

Hey guys, no intro needed here  ;D .... by now a lot of you are familiar with all my issues that started about 2 years ago and have since put my once great and extremely busy forum offline .

Every now and then, I try to restart the effort to fix the forum only to be discouraged by some stubborn error message.

Today was one of those days where I decided to give this another try by running upgrade.php.

-Cleared the first hurdle (Smileys table not found)
-Now I am stuck on this step:   5 of 19 - of this script)

Error!
Unknown column 'eventDate' in 'where clause'

Any clue what this is and how to clear it? I searched online and not much on SMF forums regarding this.

-For the record, I am still running this on GoDaddy although I did register with a new host a few months ago at the recommendation of someone here, but haven't tried this there.

shawnb61

What versions are you upgrading from/to?

Is the forum fully operational on the old version before the upgrade?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

backend

From 14 to 15.

No, the old forum is non operational. i haven different versions I am trying to upgrade the DB from, and I often get stuck on at the same step.

backend

While I am only on step 5 of 19, this is the furthest I have ever been at, so I am staying positive that there is finally some light at the end of this tunnel....

Can I manually fix this step?

Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating holidays and calendar..." (5 of 19 - of this script)

!!Error!
Unknown column 'eventDate' in 'where clause'

For the record, the error I get when I visit my forum is Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list'  which is obviously the result of the upgrade.php not going past step 5 (see above)

Kindred

There are no database changes between 2.0.14 and 2.0.15
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shawnb61

Yes, he clearly has a mix of 1.x & 2.0...

The hard question is what to do about it. 

None of the regular upgrades will deal with this well.

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sir Osis of Liver

Could be incomplete upgrade.  Do you have a db dump from when the forum was working?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

shawnb61

Yep.  This is a 1.1 DB that has some 2.0 updates applied.  (On calendar_holidays, eventDate is renamed to event_date in the 1.1 => 2.0 upgrade.) 

The proper fix would be to get it to a working state in 1.1 first, by restoring a working 1.1 DB & source.   Upgrades work great if upgrading a working forum.

If for some reason that is not possible, I see two possible paths. 

Option A - if portions are still 1.1...  I would eliminate steps 1-5 in the upgrade_1-1.sql & restart.  See how far you get.  You will run into more obstacles.  When you do, do a quick analysis to see if those updates were already applied.  If so, delete steps thru that point & restart/resume the upgrade.  Rinse & repeat until the upgrader can run all the way thru.  The goal is to at least attempt all steps once in the 1-1 and 2-0 scripts. 

Option B - if the DB looks to truly be 2.0 already...  change the smfVersion entry in the settings table to 2.0.1, so it won't attempt the 1.1 script anymore.  It will only run the 2.0 script at that point. 

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: backend on December 07, 2019, 07:33:52 PM
my once great and extremely busy forum offline .

If the database is large, this being a GoDaddy :P install it's not unusual for upgrade to fail mid-stream.  Some forums just cannot be upgraded on some GoDaddy servers. 

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 08, 2019, 12:51:48 PM
The proper fix would be to get it to a working state in 1.1 first, by restoring a working 1.1 DB & source.   

^ Do this, if you can get the forum running in 1.1 it should be salvageable.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

backend

Thank you all for the responses!

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 08, 2019, 12:51:48 PM
Option A - if portions are still 1.1...  I would eliminate steps 1-5 in the upgrade_1-1.sql & restart.  See how far you get.  You will run into more obstacles.  When you do, do a quick analysis to see if those updates were already applied.  If so, delete steps thru that point & restart/resume the upgrade.  Rinse & repeat until the upgrader can run all the way thru.  The goal is to at least attempt all steps once in the 1-1 and 2-0 scripts. 

So the file that executes these SQL commands is upgrade_1-1.sql and that is the one I should go through step by step?

Kindred

no... you should FIX the eixsting site to work properly as 1.1.x and the restart the upgrade process.
Right now, it sounds like your site is in a half-done state and the upgrader can't recover to figure out where to pick up the process.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: