Limiting max number of new topics per day per particular member?

Started by Sono, December 08, 2019, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sono

I have a member in my forum who is opening way too many new topics in a section per day. I would like to limit his abilities to be able to open only 5 new ones per day. Is this possible somehow?

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

efk

This can be from help as well
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1128
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3633
If he is doing that just in single board and you have more than 1 board, then you can set new Permission profile with almost the same name like original membergroup that he have, or membergroup dedicated for that to take care of him in specific board or on entire forum. Based on his behavior you have few options, question is how you want it to be solved, do you want it to be somehow hidden from him or to clearly show him that he can not post anymore/without approval. Post Unapproval will give you ability to decide if topic/post should be approved or not, anytime you like. About post limit, never tried it, maybe is better to stick to post moderation.
If you tell me more about him I can give you best solution how to deal with that member so you can avoid future problems with him.

Sono

It is nothing special to tell about this user, he has just registered. I have one main discussion section where he is opening revelant topics every day, but too much. 20-30, most of them don't get a reply, and the topics of others get lost easily in the multitude. This way the whole board is becoming pointless, kind of one guy entertaining himself.

I cannot do moderation and have no moderator. So far, for 5 years, everything has been going fine as this is a small but very friendly community, the guys solve problems among themselves.

If no option to limit his topic opening abilities, I will force him into a section dedicated to him.

delta5

Why not make a few of your trusted members into moderators?

Advertisement: