Fatal Error?

Started by Petzlglyph, December 09, 2019, 04:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petzlglyph

Hi everyone, new to this forum, been a member of hxxp:dirttimeforum.com [nonactive] since 2011.  The site recently went down and only displays "Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /home3/halcon/public_html/index.php:41 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home3/halcon/public_html/index.php on line 41"
on a white page when you attempt to enter.  The originator of the forum was Halcon, he changed himself to a regular member so can no longer access the back end and has no desire to, the other mods have scattered to the wind and the only mods left have no computer tech savey.  One of them has given me permission to try and fix things and is trying to find his password so I can get in  :-[, and this is my first step to try and sort things out.
The SMF version is 1.1.10  PHP is likely an antiquated version as well. Apparently no maintenance has been performed for at least a year probably a lot longer. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Ken H.

shawnb61

Pretty sure your php version was updated to 7.x.

Talk with your host about setting your php version back to  whatever it was. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have access to host account?  If not, you're pretty well screwed.  :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Petzlglyph

Thank you Shawn for answering, If I can get the host to back date the PHP would I then be able to update the SMF version and then update the PHP?

Sir Osis, yes, when the Mod gets me a password I will be able to access the Cpanel but I was told that the 2 known Mods are getting the same "Error" on the white screen I quoted.

I'm kind of in a holding pattern till I get the password but want to hit the ground running when I do.
Thanks for the help so far!! Ken H.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're at 1.1.10 you may have to drop back to php 5.6 or even 5.4 to upgrade to 1.1.21, then 2.0.15, depends on the server.  You'll want to get the 1.1.10 forum up and running before attempting upgrade.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Petzlglyph

Yes, thanks, I'm hoping that I can get access to make back ups before anything else is done.

Advertisement: