News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Get RSS feed from a single topic?

Started by Kolya, December 24, 2019, 08:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolya

Hey there, is there a way to create a feed from a single topic?
I want to use that topic as a sort of blog and then display it on another site.

I'm fairly versed in PHP and JS, so if someone can just give me a pointer to a similar script that would be cool too!

Pop2

Quote from: Kolya on December 24, 2019, 08:01:53 AM
Hey there, is there a way to create a feed from a single topic?
I want to use that topic as a sort of blog and then display it on another site.

I'm fairly versed in PHP and JS, so if someone can just give me a pointer to a similar script that would be cool too!

All of the XML content is accessed via the ".xml" action...
Other formats can be achieved by adding one of the following to the URL:
;type=atom - Atom
;type=rdf - RDF
;type=rss - RSS 0.91
;type=rss2 - RSS 2.0

You can also subscribe to these feeds through an XML reader, Firefox, Thunderbird or any other software that supports XML or RSS feeds (note - Outlook and Outlook Express do not support this...) - you will need to have either "type=rss" or "type=rss2" somewhere in the URL for it to work. If you would like to know how to set this up in Firefox or Thunderbird, let me know.

Kolya

Thanks mate, but these formats all display the same data, which is all new topics, limited at best to a single board.
What I want is a feed that displays the posts in one specific topic.

vbgamer45

Nothing built in for that you can try modifying Sources/News.php which has the RSS code or write your own custom action.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: