SMF 2.0.16 Released

Started by shawnb61, December 27, 2019, 10:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: gariban on December 28, 2019, 10:32:02 AM
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1088

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1130

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1179

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1195

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1214

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1225

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1299

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1310

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1386

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1485

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1510

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1566

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1597

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1608

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1619

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/FontAwesomeBBCode.php on line 23

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/FontAwesomeBBCode.php on line 33

Please open a support topic to discuss. Looks like maybe an SSI issue though
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Pogo Stick

Updated to 2.0.16 and set PHP to 7.2 - so far all working great. Thanks for this!

Will it work OK with PHP 7.3?

vbgamer45

I have it running fine on PHP 7.3 for my sites. PHP 7.4 is for sure a no go until more updates to SMF are made.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Pogo Stick

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 28, 2019, 12:38:14 PM
I have it running fine on PHP 7.3 for my sites. PHP 7.4 is for sure a no go until more updates to SMF are made.

Cheers. Bumped mine up to 7.3 and seems OK so far.

charlottezweb

Congrats and Thanks to the SMF Team!

Cheers,
Jason

lord alibaski

Removed and moved to correct section of the board.

Hatshepsut

Updated successfully, thanks :) I am using PHP 5.4 and there's no problems.

mattdanzig

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 28, 2019, 12:16:09 PM
Quote from: gariban on December 28, 2019, 10:32:02 AM
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1088

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1130

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1179

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1195

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1214

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1225

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1299

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1310

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1386

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1485

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1510

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1566

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1597

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1608

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1619

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/FontAwesomeBBCode.php on line 23

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/forum/Sources/FontAwesomeBBCode.php on line 33

Please open a support topic to discuss. Looks like maybe an SSI issue though
Quote from: Skhilled on December 28, 2019, 08:40:39 AM
Great job!!! I had been getting a ton of depreciated coding errors in my logs. I installed this via the admin, had only one minor file to fix and it works well! No more errors and themes and mods work as expected!

Excellent!  8)
Jesus I thought it was just me. Lulz. I'm getting a thousand a day.

James Gryphon

I'm glad to see another 2.0.x update out; I was honestly half-starting to wonder if it was ever going to happen.

It looks pretty good, but I am curious on one point regarding the GDPR implementation. At the risk of showing myself foolish, I'm not aware of any more thorough release notes than the ones posted at the beginning of the topic, so I thought I'd ask here (if I have missed something, then please, of course, point me in the right direction).

That said, when the notes say "...adjusting the behaviour of a number of other features in minor ways as necessary", could we have one or two specific examples of these kinds of changes? The wording here is vague, and I'd like to make sure I understand what constitutes a minor change before going all-in. If we're talking about things like "adds extra strings to language files", that's one thing; if it's, to use a hypothetical extreme, "turns off the option to restrict members from deleting their posts [because some country implementing GDPR thinks that's necessary]", that's something else. ;)

Looking

Quote from: Hatshepsut on December 28, 2019, 11:33:48 PM
Updated successfully, thanks :) I am using PHP 5.4 and there's no problems.
You mean 7.4 because anything PHP 5 is a security risk.

m4z

We found a critical bug regarding CPU usage when XML/RSS feeds are used in 2.0.16, and will be releasing a fix in the coming days. In the meantime, if you have already updated to 2.0.16, and notice your CPU time being eaten up, please disable the feature under Admin > Main > News and Newsletters > Settings > Enable XML/RSS news!

If you really depend on the feed feature, see this thread for a workaround.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

jsx

Thank you for this release. :) I would like to know why during installation the installer randomizes the name of the table prefix. There is no more smf_

m4z

I believe this is part of the (cookie?) security changes, because the name is part of the info that is being hashed. This way it's less predictable.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

dcmouser

Just wanted to say thank you to the SMF team for releasing this.  It's a lot of work and sometimes the only thing you hear is from people having problems.. But for those of us who use SMF every day, getting the software to work on PHP 7.2 is a major deal.  And we really appreciate the work to make it happen.
proud member of donationcoder.com (forum)

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: pocttopus on December 28, 2019, 11:54:53 AM
It's been two years since the release of 2.0.15 version. ::)
Updated successfully to 2.0.16.
Thanks!  ;)

Adding GDPR support made 2.0.16 the largest and most complicated patch to the 2.0.x branch since it was first released. It took a while. C'est la vie. :)
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: