Category as a block

Started by Lumion Israel, December 29, 2019, 07:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumion Israel

Hi to everybody i would like to change my categorys in my forums to look like blocks something like a gallery i added an image of the mod im looking for.

thanks for the helpers!

Mick.

After I saw this post, Thought I'd do something for my own site. Not quite as the pic you provided...

https://www.idesignsmf.com/index.php?action=forum

If interested, reply to this post and I can share my edits.

Things to consider, I removed all childboards, topic and post counts, unread link, category name. I really chopped the boardindex template and added css calls to suit my needs. I have no idea if it works with more than 1 category. I only use one with 8 boards. That's it.

Mick.

Well I really hate the idea here that one cannot edit a post after some time. Sigh...

Anyways,... I created a second category (name does not display in boardindex since that's how I wanted it) and you can add more boards. They will all be in blocks as shown in my links. So, yes, it works with more categories.

Lumion Israel

Quote from: Mick. on December 30, 2019, 06:42:34 PM
After I saw this post, Thought I'd do something for my own site. Not quite as the pic you provided...

hxxp:www.idesignsmf.com/index.php?action=forum [nonactive]

If interested, reply to this post and I can share my edits.

Things to consider, I removed all childboards, topic and post counts, unread link, category name. I really chopped the boardindex template and added css calls to suit my needs. I have no idea if it works with more than 1 category. I only use one with 8 boards. That's it.
Hi and good morning first of all i just want to say that i lobee your theme limestone im using it right now for my forum and second i would like to try and test this mod in my forum to see how its going to look like if it will be a fit for me and one last thing THANK YOU FOR THE THEME AND THE MOD!

Advertisement: