How can I embed tweets

Started by cpf, December 29, 2019, 08:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpf

I need to embed tweets from Twitter users.  I didn't have success installing the Auto Tweet Embed mod wasn't compatible with 2.1 RC2.
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

vbgamer45

For 2.1 I waiting for final to update the Auto Tweet Embed
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

cpf

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 29, 2019, 08:38:35 PM
For 2.1 I waiting for final to update the Auto Tweet Embed

The final release of SMF?
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cpf

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 29, 2019, 08:41:16 PM
Generally yes for 2.1.x

Oh. Is your mod currently the only option?  I can't really wait a few years for my forum. We have a political forum and we post a lot of tweets...

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cpf

Douglas

vbgamer, have you found a way around Twitter's rate limiting? We had your plugin installed on Hogville, but because of the sheer number of tweets that were being embedded, we were getting ratioed by Twitter, causing the whole site to load slowly.

FYI, we'll be on 2.1x by May/June (scheduled).
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

vbgamer45

I have not. I think it might be possible if you use the twitter api but they could have changed some things.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Douglas

vbgamer, we might want to work together to see if we can re-achieve this. It was a rather popular feature when we had it, so I'm hoping you and I get to "dance" and figure a way around this for larger sites like Hogville. :)
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dmnlksm

@vbgamer45 Hello!

I installed this mode, when I send the tweet link as a message, the same tweet post is loaded 2 times in a row, but I write a single link. This is the case for all X links. How can I solve this overlapping 2 same tweet post problem?

( https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=3991 )

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: